Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm anxious to see how it stacks up
Against the ranger 900 in the mud.

Reactions: Biteme
F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Because Rangers dont perform that great. The new hilifter Ranger most likely does. So hopfully this Honda does since most people will be using it as a trail/workhorse utv.I think if the pioneer can sling some mud with larger tires teryx owners will be jumping ship big time.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just stopped by a Honda shop that happened to have a 1000-5 out for pickup, killing a few mins this morning before we stopped at a job site, took a red one for a spin with some of my co-workers. Talked to the guy for a few mins who was picking it up and he let me drive it before he loaded it up.

Not sure if you are going to join the forum but you are awesome if you do and read this.

If the 1000 is what the owners of presently unhappy teryx and ranger owners are really looking for, then they will be jumping ship after a parking lot test drive, even with 4 southern fed men (250lbs average), its GOT SIGNIFICANT giddy-up. In low range he could get it to break the tires loose on pavement with @1000lbs of meat in it. 2 up it'd break the tires loose in high easy.
After we all drove it, one of the guys I work with is seriously considering getting rid of his 2015 ranger crew and getting the 1000-5.

LIGHTYEARS better performance than the 700 and I thought it was adequate for a Utility SXS that had a beefed up ATV drivetrain.
For the amount of available giddy-up and they way some will drive it, even though its not a SPORT machine, I think the front shocks STILL leave something to be desired.

jcothren

jcothren

Aug 28, 2015
Just got my red... hydro dipped camo.

Image Image

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How tall is the highest point on your roof?

I'm ordering an enclosed trailer and need to know if I can fit it through a 84" door.

I would like to know as well. My garage is 84" and the 700 rubs going in and out with the tires deflated to 4-5 psi.

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Skinny 9 inch front tires on the pioneer look terrible plus the rims will take a beating, from always rubbing since its so flush with tire.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It must be a couple inches shorter then my stock 700 was with roof because it now fits in my carport:) Looks like 79.5 with the roof.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well, I've got lift and 28" tires. With them inflated to 10 psi it's over 84" and won't fit. I've got to find a way to get the p1000 in the garage with 30" Evo's. My shop is 600' away from the house so I'd rather park at home and not walk that distance.

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just stopped by a Honda shop that happened to have a 1000-5 out for pickup, killing a few mins this morning before we stopped at a job site, took a red one for a spin with some of my co-workers. Talked to the guy for a few mins who was picking it up and he let me drive it before he loaded it up.

Not sure if you are going to join the forum but you are awesome if you do and read this.

If the 1000 is what the owners of presently unhappy teryx and ranger owners are really looking for, then they will be jumping ship after a parking lot test drive, even with 4 southern fed men (250lbs average), its GOT SIGNIFICANT giddy-up. In low range he could get it to break the tires loose on pavement with @1000lbs of meat in it. 2 up it'd break the tires loose in high easy.
After we all drove it, one of the guys I work with is seriously considering getting rid of his 2015 ranger crew and getting the 1000-5.

LIGHTYEARS better performance than the 700 and I thought it was adequate for a Utility SXS that had a beefed up ATV drivetrain.
For the amount of available giddy-up and they way some will drive it, even though its not a SPORT machine, I think the front shocks STILL leave something to be desired.

When the 1000 came out you were the first to sell your 700!! Now it looks like you may be the last to get one!! If your impressed with a parking lot test ride wait til you get one in the real world!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When the 1000 came out you were the first to sell your 700!! Now it looks like you may be the last to get one!! If your impressed with a parking lot test ride wait til you get one in the real world!

Ha yeah well you're most likely right. BUT I want silver, and I had no trouble selling the 700 quickly and for what I was asking.

Like the old Heinze commercial said "Good things come to those who wait"

I knew it was going to be better but I figured 700-1000 maybe 30-50% better not 200% better performance.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!