Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Been a long day but we are home. Gonna start measuring and getting things on order! After being in a RMax for over a year my gf couldn’t believe how MUCH QUIETER this one is! We are super excited for what’s to come!

View attachment 335291 View attachment 335292

Congratulations, nice looking machine. Definitely much quieter than an RMAX. If you run a full windshield, be sure and get a flip up as the Pioneer gets as hot as the RMAX is loud. Seems like there is always a trade off on design characteristics.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congratulations, nice looking machine. Definitely much quieter than an RMAX. If you run a full windshield, be sure and get a flip up as the Pioneer gets as hot as the RMAX is loud. Seems like there is always a trade off on design characteristics.

If ya can't handle the heat stay outta the kitchen 🤣🤘😎

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Fan can cool it down pretty good. Nice when it’s cold though

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Yours may be the first experience I have come across of going from RMAX to P1K. As someone who is on a waitlist for both and not 100% decided this is pretty interesting. I didn't realize the noice was that much different. I have a small tractor with a bucket that holds as much as a Pioneer bed, so while the dump bed would be handy, I am not sure how much I would use it, though the ability to fold the seats down and get more space is really nice. I like the idea of the DCT, but not afraid of Yamaha's drive. My biggest concern is that when I am not using for utility, will I regret getting the P1KL over the RMAX on the trails. I am also worried about how bad the rear seats are... the more the family likes to ride back there, the more trails I'll get to hit. :)

You mentioned you couldn't take the kids with the RMAX, is that because you needed 5 seats vs 4? It would be great after you have had it for a month, and let us know how you feel about going back to the Pioneer. I don't want to turn this into an RMAX vs Pioneer thread, there are those, and I have read them, just curious about your pros/cons after one month, as someone who has actually owned both and gone back to Pioneer.

Nice machine BTW.

Cheers.

Reactions: Lady01
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!