Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd bet dollars to donuts the dogs on your low gear are rounded off. If it's like a motorcycle (and probably is), gears just grab by the tip of the dogs. As mentioned stop driving it. Either take to someone to tear into subtrans or do it yourself.

P.S I'll be here waiting on them donuts lol

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You need to quit driving it. How long has it done this? If you disconnect the shift fork cable and manually put it into gear will it still do it?
I was told by honda i can still drive it in high gear. But said stay outta low gear. But i need it fixed bc i wanna do yard work and riding and need low gear. I will try to disconnect the cable today and try it out. I cant get my bike into shop with tjis virus s*** going on. So trying to figure it out on my own if i can. And i bought the bike used and in march and got home and found out low gear did this. The guy lied to me and fu*ked me over fortunately.

Reactions: TripleB
J

JTW

I was told by honda i can still drive it in high gear. But said stay outta low gear. But i need it fixed bc i wanna do yard work and riding and need low gear. I will try to disconnect the cable today and try it out. I cant get my bike into shop with tjis virus s*** going on. So trying to figure it out on my own if i can. And i bought the bike used and in march and got home and found out low gear did this. The guy lied to me and fu*ked me over fortunately.
Well, you’ve got one of two things going on. Either the cable is stretched (or needs adjusting) and it’s not fully engaging in low, which will wear the dogs or your dogs are already worn and you’re going to have to get in the sub trans. Pulling the cable off should tell you which.

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, you’ve got one of two things going on. Either the cable is stretched (or needs adjusting) and it’s not fully engaging in low, which will wear the dogs or your dogs are already worn and you’re going to have to get in the sub trans. Pulling the cable off should tell you which.
Ok thanks guys. Ill pull cable off today and put it in low gear manually and see. So if i put it manually in low gear it shouldnt do that anymore? Meaning cable is stretched? But yeah am aware of things are probably rounded off.

Reactions: TripleB
J

JTW

Ok thanks guys. Ill pull cable off today and put it in low gear manually and see. So if i put it manually in low gear it shouldnt do that anymore? Meaning cable is stretched? But yeah am aware of things are probably rounded off.
Exactly.. if it’s just the cable you should be able to adjust it out, if it still does it manually then you’re screwed and have to crack the sub trans.

H

Hondaray1011

Jan 1, 2023
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My buggy shuts off when I take it out of park and want crank in gear but will crank in neutral
The shift solenoids are located behind the clutch cover. But they wouldn't have anything to do with high vs low shifting. What do you mean by not shifting properly in low rang

H

Hondaray1011

Jan 1, 2023
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You need to do a clutch relearn, If it fails you probably need clutches
Did a relearn and nothing and I can drive it once it gets going no problem at all then ride again and what shift out of 1st gear and then shuts off

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

Did a relearn and nothing and I can drive it once it gets going no problem at all then ride again and what shift out of 1st gear and then shuts off

Year?
Miles?
Dash flashing anything when it shuts off?
Does the gear indicator work properly (displays correct sub gear)?

Reactions: tjoreo
H

Hondaray1011

Jan 1, 2023
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Year?
Miles?
Dash flashing anything when it shuts off?
Does the gear indicator work properly (displays correct sub gear)?
2016 3500 when it dose yes it flashes a e and yes it works properly but when it is running, it is really hard to move but if I shut it off it moves like it should

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Hondaray1011
Yes, have u ever had the clutch update done? Very important when were talking about 16’s to help u further.

Also Welcome from the Putrid Swamp controlled Michigan!

We need pics of your rig! Its Rule #4 when u join and first thing u do when u post, problem or none
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

• Haha
H

Hondaray1011

Jan 1, 2023
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondaray1011
Yes, have u ever had the clutch update done? Very important when were talking about 16’s to help u further.

We need pics of your rig! Its Rule #4 when u join and first thing u do when u post, problem or none
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
No update that I know if I just bought about 5 months ago

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No update that I know if I just bought about 5 months ago
Might be your issue then.
still need them pics tho #POIDH

Here is some info on the update campaign,
I suggest you read up on it. Find out with the bottom pic and report back with your findings so we can help u further.

9CA36A40 AF27 48C4 9178 AB82E4A98A45

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
G

GaCracker

Dec 25, 2021
Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondaray1011

Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
I do NOT have a 'smart phone' to take/post pics so I guess according to "the sheriff" I'm not eligible to ask for help,, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I do NOT have a 'smart phone' to take/post pics so I guess according to "the sheriff" I'm not eligible to ask for help,, right?
Total BS. You can ask for help.
Taking pics isnt for me. Im doing the work for the people by the people. Its the mob you need to worry about. Im just helping you before hand.
Im sure your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend must have a phone or a camera of some sort? So that old bit dosnt work these days;) and a name with Cracker in it, i find it hard to believe u dont either. But who am I to judge.

At any rate, hell of a first post since joining 2yrs ago there buddy ;) Way to come out all guns a blazen.😂🥳

Ill start with….
Welcome from Michigan
You can start an intro thread like everyone else please. Tell us about yourself, your rig model, your , Miles and your mods. Pics are an unwritten rule requirement tho for the last 5 or so yrs.
When u do that intro, youll be introduced to the mob (if u have no pics for proof of purchase) and youll see its not me 😘 NoHmo
See yoy in your intro thread

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!