P1000 Shifting 2016 P1000

E

Erick

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Rochester
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2016 P1000 and am having some trouble shifting into 4 wheel drive. I live in MN and it has been cold, very cold, so I'm not sure if my problem is everything is so stiff from the cold or something else. When I try to move the control lever into four wheel drive it shows on the dash that it is in 4 wheel drive, however the dash lever doesn't move completely into the four wheel drive slot like it does when the weather is warmer. All the wheels are turning like in four wheel drive, but I'm just not sure if it is locked into 4 wheel. Should I believe what it shows on the dash or is there an adjustment to make sure it is actually going into 4 wheel? Thanks.

Reactions: BWAF
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There is a black box under the bed on the drive side that’s where the shift cables are located they maybe out of adjustment there is a post on here about adjusting the shift cables

E

Erick

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Rochester
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a black box under the bed on the drive side that’s where the shift cables are located they maybe out of adjustment there is a post on here about adjusting the shift cables

When you say under the bed do you mean under the floorboards?

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the 3 seat model and mine is under the bed now if yours is the 5 seat model then yes it would be under the floor board on the drivers side

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think it’s called the shift linkage box you can see the cables going in and out of the box like I said when I raise my bed it’s right there on the frame in front of the rear tire can’t miss it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!