P500 Shifting issues

S

Shauna

Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
We have a 2016 P500 with 8000km on it. Its quit shifting up (paddle does nothing) and will only shift into reverse on and off. Can use the manual tool to shift. The screen flashes error code 22. Changed out the shift position sensor but still no luck. Oil is fresh. Never had a problem with it until now. Any help appreciated :)

Last edited:
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Start checking wires. Rats chewed mine and it acted like yours. Check the throttle position sensor wires on the throttle body. That’s the ones they chewed on mine. Pull seat back, pull plastic cover just under air filter box, then look at the wires on top of motor. It would be a start...

S

Shauna

Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Start checking wires. Rats chewed mine and it acted like yours. Check the throttle position sensor wires on the throttle body. That’s the ones they chewed on mine. Pull seat back, pull plastic cover just under air filter box, then look at the wires on top of motor. It would be a start...
Thank you William! We found the issue right in the up shift paddle. The connective metal strip had broken off and therefore wasn't making connection when pulling on the lever

S

Shauna

Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
20171007 160257

K

kts107

Nov 9, 2015
So I’ve been having this same issue and tried everything to get it to work. today my brother finally found the problem. The same thing is broken on ours. My question is what exactly did you buy to fix it? Did you have to buy both sides or just the broken side? It looked to us like it’s one piece for both sides of that makes sense. Lol Thank you!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
The 2 switches and the wires to connect them come as one piece.
Refer to the picture above, the switch with the red wire goes next to the 'R'.

You can get the parts on line or at a dealer.
If it is still under warranty throw it back together and let honda fix it.
(Probably faster to order on line and conn your brother in to fixing it)

K

kts107

Nov 9, 2015
The 2 switches and the wires to connect them come as one piece.
Refer to the picture above, the switch with the red wire goes next to the 'R'.

You can get the parts on line or at a dealer.
If it is still under warranty throw it back together and let honda fix it.
(Probably faster to order on line and conn your brother in to fixing it)
Ok great thank you! I’m sure it is easier to just do it ourselves. Thanks again.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!