P500 Shifting noise.

Sb82

Sb82

May 8, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have a 2020 p500 and it has started making a strange noise when it shifts. It’s worse in AT, but when it shifts it sounds like metal slapping together and then a slight rattle until the rpms get higher. Does the same thing when it’s down shifting. Does not seem to be as bad in MT. Has anyone experienced this before? It has about 115 miles on it and just did the first service.

T

THeck

Jun 3, 2020
Southeast, KY
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I have a 2020 with about 200 miles, it makes the same noises. I’m not use to these noises coming from a Honda, but they seem to be normal according to others. I bought a trigger shield and it helps block out some noise, heat , and dust. I have already changed oil once. Sometimes it is quieter than others.

Reactions: trigger
A

Avi8or

Nov 6, 2019
Mo
Ownership

1. 500
I think it is the nature of the 500 especially in auto mode. The shifts feel quicker and smoother to me in manual mode.

A clutch adjustment may help settle it down a little. I also switched to the Honda HP4S oil at the first change. Seems to run smoother to me on this oil.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!