Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my first package from china since the apocalypse. Should i open it?
View attachment 193418
Even though they say that it will not live on porous surfaces such as Cardboard I have been waiting 24 hours. We are actually getting shipments earlier than we would have if the COVID-19 had not happened. I think it is because so many orders got cut

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I have a guy here that threatened to quit because we received parts from China but refused to isolate them for 2 weeks. My contact in China signed an affidavit that no one in their factory had the virus.

That's funny.
Should have told him the Chinese are starting to be more concerned about stuff coming from Italy and the US.

(this is in the PUB right? not trying to stir sh** in the public area)

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's funny.
Should have told him the Chinese are starting to be more concerned about stuff coming from Italy and the US.

(this is in the PUB right? not trying to stir sh** in the public area)
I politely told the gentleman, that there is a lot of people in our area looking for work. I can fill his position in a few days. He shut up and went back to work.

But not before him and his buddy thought it would be a fantastic idea to tell our health department that we are not essential. Well....... That didn't turn out quite like he planned.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I politely told the gentleman, that there is a lot of people in our area looking for work. I can fill his position in a few days. He shut up and went back to work.

But not before him and his buddy thought it would be a fantastic idea to tell our health department that we are not essential. Well....... That didn't turn out quite like he planned.
I would like to read the the real scoop on the essential workers from a reliable source? I really need to know being in the plumbing industry. I quit reading everything the media puts out and have been doing my part by isolating physically. Just spent 30 minutes researching this, you can find anything you want to believe, Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce said restaurants could stay open and would keep schools operational, what the crap does that mean? The lights are on? I believe it's real and will continue to do my part, we need real media! ASAP!

Last edited:
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to read the the real scoop on the essential workers from a reliable source? I really need to know being in the plumbing industry. I quit reading everything the media puts out and have been doing my part by isolating physically. Just spent 30 minutes researching this, you can find anything you want to believe, Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce said restaurants could stay open and would keep schools operational, what the crap does that mean? The lights are on? I believe it's real and will continue to do my part, we need real media! ASAP!
Essential services:
Healthcare and public health operations
  • Hospitals
  • Clinics
  • Dental offices
  • Pharmacies
  • Public health entities
  • Blood donation organizations
  • Eye care centers
  • Home healthcare providers
  • Mental health and substance abuse providers
  • Veterinary care
Human services operations
  • Long-term care facilities
  • Shelters for adults, seniors, children
Infrastructure Operations
  • Food production, distribution, sale
  • Construction
  • Airport operations
  • Utilities (water, power, gas, electrical)
  • Railroads and public transportation
  • Cybersecurity operations
  • Flood control
  • Solid waste and recycling
  • Internet, video and telecommunications
Government
  • Parks
  • First responders, emergency management, 911 services
Business and Operations
  • Grocery stores, farmer's markets, farm/produce stands
  • Pet supplies
  • Food, beverage and agriculture
  • Outdoor recreation - parks, trails that provide social distancing for activities such as biking, walking and hiking
  • Charitable and social services
  • Media - newspapers, TV, radio
  • Gas stations and businesses needed for transportation, including auto supply, repair, vehicle sales, bicycle shops, truck stops
  • Banks, currency exchanges, consumer lenders
  • Hardware stores
  • Building and construction trades; plumbers, electricians, exterminators, cleaning and janitorial staff, security staff, HVAC, painting, moving and relocation services, operating engineers
  • Mail, shipping, delivery, pick-up services
  • Laundromats, dry cleaners
  • Restaurants for consumption off-premises
Essential Activities:
  • Obtaining necessary supplies and services for your family, household and pets, such as groceries, food and supplies, equipment to work from home, completing assignments for distance learning, products needed to maintain safety, sanitation and maintaning your residence
  • Seeking medical, behavioral health or emergency services; obtaining medical supplies or medication
  • Caring for a family member, friend or pet in another residence
  • Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, but only if appropriate physical distancing practices are used
  • Transporting children to child care services
  • Engaging in constitutionally protected activities, such as speech and religion, voting, legal or court process

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trump just announced gun retail stores are essential

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
According to Ducey's order, essential services include:

• Health care and public health operations.
  • Services for elderly people, those with developmental disabilities, foster and adoption children and individuals experiencing homelessness.
  • Infrastructure operation, such as food production, utility operators, construction and internet providers.
  • First responders and other emergency personnel.
  • Grocery stores and pharmacies.
  • Veterinary care.
  • Outdoor recreation.
  • Charities and social service organizations, including nonprofits and food banks.
  • Media organizations.
  • Gas stations and other transportation-related businesses.
  • Banks and credit unions.
  • Hardware and supply stores.
  • "Critical trades," such as plumbers, electricians, cleaning, sanitation and security.
  • Shipping and mail services.
  • Educational institutions.
  • Laundry services.
  • Restaurants, for takeout and delivery.
  • Suppliers for essential businesses.
  • Distributors that enable telework.
  • Airlines, taxis and ride-sharing services.
  • Residential facilities and shelters.
  • Legal, real estate and accounting services.
  • Day-care centers for employees of essential businesses.
  • Manufacturers and distributors of "critical products."
  • Hotels.
  • Funeral services.
The order allows for essential employees to work remotely, if they can.

"We're going to hope for the best, but we're going to prepare for potenti

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!