P500 Shock and tire question

Alanthill

Alanthill

Aug 17, 2018
Eastern NC
Ownership

1. 500
What setting is everyone using?
I have a 2017 P500 and with the factory 24's its pretty low. I purchased some 30x9x14 wheels and ( like an idiot ) put MudZillas on there.
Had to cut the frame and install spacers but it works in the mud.
We went to Uwharrie this past weekend and I had put the factory tires and wheels back on and it did OK.
Problem is very little ground clearance.
Am planning on getting rid of the Zillas and purchasing Carnivores.
Do I need to go with 30's or 28's?
Just not sure which way to go.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Alan

Reactions: TxDoc
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm probably not much help. I'm running my stockers and I bought some one else's like new stock wheels and tires take off's for $100. I will be stock size for quite some time. I put a skid plate on and just use the winch when I high center it. It's definitely not the approach people tend to prefer though.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm assuming you mean stock shocks? I would recommend middle of the road somewhere to start and adjust accordingly for ride comfort and not bottoming out. Some guys try to use the preload for clearance. I maxxed out my rear stockers once and it did fine until I hit a hidden root at high speed. The machine was bucking out of control and the sh***y stockers don't recover very fast. That's also with a lot of added weight on the back. Some have added spacers in their shocks for more height too, that's gotta ride like crap. With the 14's you have on and adding unneeded preload, it would be like driving a hi/lo over speed bumps. My 2c.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!