P1000 Shock question

MuskyHunter

MuskyHunter

Sep 2, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking to change the shocks on my 1k5 to Fox QS3 or Elka. My concern is when I have people in the back. Will I miss the self leveling shocks? Most of my riding is on our farm or mild trails so the factory ride is fine. I like to tinker and upgrade stuff for no reason and love the look of the reservoir shocks. Just don’t want a saggy rear end when I have a full load.

Reactions: Isaiah
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking to change the shocks on my 1k5 to Fox QS3 or Elka. My concern is when I have people in the back. Will I miss the self leveling shocks? Most of my riding is on our farm or mild trails so the factory ride is fine. I like to tinker and upgrade stuff for no reason and love the look of the reservoir shocks. Just don’t want a saggy rear end when I have a full load.
TWSS

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
No, crank the preload a bit and let her eat.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The self leveling shocks are a joke, they just ride rough. So what do you have in the back with no passengers and what does the cargo weigh? Take that and subtract from passenger weight and factor in you won't be driving as fast as you would if it was just the two of you, you will be fine to just set the spring weight for ya'll and cargo, you won't be flying with passengers.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
What preload?
The preload adjustment on either of the aftermarket shocks he was looking into. The question was whether or not he'd miss the self-leveling shocks...

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The self leveling shocks are a joke, they just ride rough. So what do you have in the back with no passengers and what does the cargo weigh? Take that and subtract from passenger weight and factor in you won't be driving as fast as you would if it was just the two of you, you will be fine to just set the spring weight for ya'll and cargo, you won't be flying with passengers.
Yea,but they don’t bottom out.

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yea,but they don’t bottom out.
A shock that doesn't bottom out during your most harsh hit's isn't working, your not using the full stroke of the shock, thus harsh ride.

Reactions: CID and Isaiah
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
All I’m saying is start w the ft shocks.
Save until you can do the full set, otherwise you will be driving a pogo stick. You can't adjust the front's to work very well with the worthless self levelers, all 4 need to work together. Do it your way and you'll think the front shocks were a waste of money?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Exactly what he said,I missed something trying to be a smart ass
You Tube it, shocks and how spring rates apply, think it will make more since to you, not trying to be a smart A.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly what he said,I missed something trying to be a smart ass
But honestly it will cost u no money difference to start w the fronts that are bottoming out.then moving to the rear shocks.If ur just farting around and have not bottomed out ur suspension then don’t waste ur money on it.Spend ur money on bling things ,lights whips sound systems.To be honest I know nothing about bling things,Im into function.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You Tube it, shocks and how spring rates apply, think it will make more since to you, not trying to be a smart A.
I was trying to be a smart ass w the TWSS,when he posted the sagging ass thing.lol. Then it took a life of its own.Isnt it late back there? Sometimes I don’t realize the time change.Some how we have a hockey team in Vegas,so Im watching the game

Reactions: Mudwing and Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!