Jul 25, 2018
Markville,MN
Ownership

1. 500
J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
I just put a set of 4 814s on my 2018 P5. What world of difference!! I'm not on facebook. Here's how to get a hold of Craig: [email protected] if you aren't on facebook. You won't be disappointed.

Sweet, life caught up with me and had to double down at work. No time for the fun stuff. PM in bound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I did the warranty recall on my P500 2015 for shocks, (in Canada) lost a little height so installed spacers on the shocks. Ride improved but not hugely. Wanted an upgrade so I went with Elka Stage 3 front and rear, this combined with radial tires @ 5 psi tire pressure (Bear Claw HTRs in 27x11x12 on 5-2 Rims), it’s a different machine, especially at speed. My machine is primarily a work machine, then play so more than Stage 3s I felt would be greater than my needs so far I’m very pleased with ride and handling and would do it again.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I did the warranty recall on my P500 2015 for shocks, (in Canada) lost a little height so installed spacers on the shocks. Ride improved but not hugely. Wanted an upgrade so I went with Elka Stage 3 front and rear, this combined with radial tires @ 5 psi tire pressure (Bear Claw HTRs in 27x11x12 on 5-2 Rims), it’s a different machine, especially at speed. My machine is primarily a work machine, then play so more than Stage 3s I felt would be greater than my needs so far I’m very pleased with ride and handling and would do it again.

Forgot to add, as an interim and/or when upgrading tires I’d recommend getting radials on 12” rims for a smoother ride. Then save up for aftermarket shocks they are expensive and I’m hoping in the long run they stand the test of abuse in work conditions. At issue for me the area I drive in has a lot of mica in the soil, including dust and acts like a severe abrasive on excavator, dozer and other work equipment undercarriages. Trying to figure out a way to minimize exposure to the exposed shock pistons and thus far not figures a solution yet.

j

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Forgot to add, as an interim and/or when upgrading tires I’d recommend getting radials on 12” rims for a smoother ride. Then save up for aftermarket shocks they are expensive and I’m hoping in the long run they stand the test of abuse in work conditions. At issue for me the area I drive in has a lot of mica in the soil, including dust and acts like a severe abrasive on excavator, dozer and other work equipment undercarriages. Trying to figure out a way to minimize exposure to the exposed shock pistons and thus far not figures a solution yet.

j

Shock covers might help out some.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Shock covers might help out some.

Yes thinking you may be correct provided they got cleaned regularly. I’ll have to do a search to see if ones might fit. Elka has nothing to speak of.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!