CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
CID,

Do you live full-time in your Class C motorhomes?
No, I don't, Harvey. I'm good for about 2 months and then head for some mental/physical recovery at home. Leaving on February 3rd to get to the King of the Hammers was too soon, the air was still chilly for the entire trip except for a few nice days. Everyone at Quartzsite was commenting on how chilly it had been this year.

Ajo, Arizona. The trails were MUCH smoother than Quartzsite but too easy except for a couple of sections.

That single guy lifestyle looks pretty damn good!
My younger Sister and I were raised by my Mom who had no idea how to raise a boy into manhood. By the time I had any freakin' clue about wimminz, I had also figured out that I was happier between relationships than I was in them. It's fairly common knowledge that (too) many women like azzholes, I'm a gentleman and refuse to play those games.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
That photo brings back a lot of memories from the early 70’s.
@PJon I've been meaning to ask you to expand on your comments about mine exploration in the copper creek area. I know I ask about cowboy road a while back, but while showing someone where the rug hill area was, I noticed other stuff was marked as "temp closed" on Google maps as well. Are they re-dozeing roads or something? Have you actually been up there lately?

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@PJon I've been meaning to ask you to expand on your comments about mine exploration in the copper creek area. I know I ask about cowboy road a while back, but while showing someone where the rug hill area was, I noticed other stuff was marked as "temp closed" on Google maps as well. Are they re-dozeing roads or something? Have you actually been up there lately?
This January I was on Rug Rd up to the point where Carpet Hill starts and turned around. I didn’t want to venture down it solo. I’m trying to get a couple of more guys together so that Table Mountain Mine can be visited again. Last time we were only there for maybe 1/2 hr and one of my neighbors would like to do some searching with a metal detector. We‘ll access it by way of Cowboy Miller road. I’ve talked with some of the other riders whom are also in Jeep clubs and they know nothing about closures on Cowboy Miller. Also when we started up Copper Creek you’re supposed to sign in when entering State Trust Lands and there were no notices about closures. I know that Charouleau Gap is no longer passable.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This January I was on Rug Rd up to the point where Carpet Hill starts and turned around. I didn’t want to venture down it solo. I’m trying to get a couple of more guys together so that Table Mountain Mine can be visited again. Last time we were only there for maybe 1/2 hr and one of my neighbors would like to do some searching with a metal detector. We‘ll access it by way of Cowboy Miller road. I’ve talked with some of the other riders whom are also in Jeep clubs and they know nothing about closures on Cowboy Miller. Also when we started up Copper Creek you’re supposed to sign in when entering State Trust Lands and there were no notices about closures. I know that Charouleau Gap is no longer passable.
Yes, there are a lot of better roads being built. I’ve noticed on Google Maps that they say both Cowboy Miller no Carpet Hill are both temporarily closed. I didn’t get completely to the crest of Carpet Hill when I was out there but I was a mile or 2 past the last improved drilling site And there were still no warning signs.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes, there are a lot of better roads being built. I’ve noticed on Google Maps that they say both Cowboy Miller no Carpet Hill are both temporarily closed. I didn’t get completely to the crest of Carpet Hill when I was out there but I was a mile or 2 past the last improved drilling site And there were still no warning signs.
What's up with Charlue gap? FS site says it open?

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a culvert washed out. Probably 12-15 deep and very steep on both sides. There is a tree on the south side that you might be able to winch to, but on the north side nothing. We got there around 8 in the evening and had to backtrack. had a heck of a time finding another route out. A normal 5 hour ride turned int a 12 hr ride with a lot of it in the dark on unfamiliar trails.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!