CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Sorry about no pictures but my cell plan (frugal) gouges me if I do, so bare minimum. I added two more rides to the above track log - Wednesday is upper left in dark blue, 91 miles. Yesterday is blue, below center, 53 miles, rain aborted. Today was the light blue, bottom left, 79 miles. Campsite is these guys :cool: in the lower right.

Yesterday's ride was all peachy and keen before it got all wet and drippy. 😢

Last edited:
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry about no pictures but my cell plan (frugal) gouges me if I do, so bare minimum. I added two more rides to the above track log - Wednesday is upper left in purple, 91 miles. Yesterday is blue, below center, 53 miles, rain aborted. Today was the light blue, bottom left, 79 miles. Campsite is these guys :cool: in the lower right.

View attachment 407908

Yesterday's ride was all peachy and keen before it got all wet and drippy. 😢
View attachment 407910
I gotta ride down there one day. If you’re ever in my neck of the woods Ive got room for your rig and I ride from home.
IMG 0081

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My last Moab update screen shot. Weather tonight is predicted to be in the very low 20's for Moab, Green River, Hanksville and Mexican Hat (the last 3 are my fallback locations). Today I fled for warmer climes.

Wednesday on top, dark blue. Thursday, blue, middle right. Friday, lite blue, middle left and Saturday, dark green, bottom center. I thought Saturday's ride would be short, quick and easy but it turned out to be longer than I'd thought at 84 miles and I got back to camp later than planned but ... I got 'er dun and finished the area. 😍 I also got rained on again and rescued a couple driving a belt driven something or other - blown clutch he said. Got 'em back to civilization where they were able to bum a ride back to their truck.

All told - about 850 miles @ 55 gallons of fuel; both the trailer and Talon are empty so ... good timing. :cool:

Last edited:
Racerhed

Racerhed

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2019
Ashland OH
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X LV
My last Moab update screen shot. Weather tonight is predicted to be in the very low 20's for Moab, Green River, Hanksville and Mexican Hat (the last 3 are my fallback locations). Today I fled for warmer climes.

Wednesday on top, dark blue. Thursday, blue, middle right. Friday, lite blue, middle left and Saturday, dark green, bottom center. I thought Saturday's ride would be short, quick and easy but it turned out to be longer than I'd thought at 84 miles and I got back to camp later than planned but ... I got 'er dun and finished the area. 😍 I also got rained on again and rescued a couple driving a belt driven something or other - blown clutch he said. Got 'em back to civilization where they were able to bum a ride back to their truck.

All told - about 850 miles @ 55 gallons of fuel; both the trailer and Talon are empty so ... good timing. :cool:
View attachment 408083
Looks like a bunch of good trails north and west of town! I was out there at the end of June but was with two rookies who were driving my 700 and between them not wanting to do more challenging trails, us staying in Moab and me not wanting to dealing with rookies tearing up my stuff, we stayed on the bunny trails. We did Chickens Corners, visited catacomb rocks, did the entire Fins N Things trail and that about it. We were only there two days. It was the last leg of a 10 day trip. I need to get in on one of these long ones. Thanks for the map pics!

advertisement
Racerhed

Racerhed

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2019
Ashland OH
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X LV
IMG 2025

I ran flat out for about 4-5 miles and got back to the chickens corners sign with several minutes to spare before Shane, Chris and my son got there. I was showing my buddy Joe who had zero idea of what these things are capable of…. well…. what they are are capable of. 😜

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
View attachment 408640
I ran flat out for about 4-5 miles and got back to the chickens corners sign with several minutes to spare before Shane, Chris and my son got there. I was showing my buddy Joe who had zero idea of what these things are capable of…. well…. what they are are capable of. 😜
I really wanted to ride Chicken Corners and Lockhart Basin but the weather would have none of that, the RV isn't winterized and temps were predicted to hit the very low 20's so I had to head south a day or two early.

Watch yer step - :oops:

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I bought the Talon in '20 so I could continue exploring the desert backcountry (aged out of dirt bikes), but covid kept me home that year. 😢 When '21 got here, it was Katie bar the door. This shows most of what I've ridden there with the exception of St. George in the extreme SW corner. There's been a lot of miles, smiles and fuel burned. 😍 If you get to ride different areas I recommend a tracking GPS app like GAIA GPS to record your travels. 😎

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m glad that @DG Rider was successful in getting there. I took another group to Parsons Grove last Friday and one of the guys with an older CanAm 1000 was ready to turn around and go home before we even reached the pass in Table Mountain.

advertisement