Side by Side Production will increase now.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Production was half ATV's and half Side by Sides. Now Side by Side production should increase enough for dealers to have all models and colors in stock.

ATV Reviews, Videos, Pictures, and ATV Prices | ATV.com

Honda Kicks Off FourTrax Rancher ATV Production In North Carolina​

Story by Ross Ballot •2h

Anew era of all-terrain-vehicle production is underway at Honda North Carolina Manufacturing (NCM) in Swepsonville, North Carolina. Thanks to a $380 million investment, Honda is expanding the production of its ATVs in North America by making the NCM plant its exclusive home for four-wheeler manufacturing in North America. Through this, Honda aims to improve its manufacturing efficiency while increasing productivity.

The 700,000 square foot plant will allow Honda to build its FourTrax and TRX series ATVs for North America in much closer proximity to the machines' end destinations. While the youth-sized TRX90 has been rolling off the line at NCM for some months now, Honda just completed its first FourTrax Rancher at the facility, representing the stateside production of one of the brand's most popular models. For now, NCM is responsible for assembly through welding and paint; further departments will see the start of construction this fall.

"We're excited to bring ATV production to Honda North Carolina Manufacturing, and this team has done an incredible job working as one team with Honda associates in South Carolina to make it happen," said David Werden, assistant vice president and production division lead at NCM. "Flexibility in manufacturing has always been key to our ability to meet the needs of Honda customers and it's important that we continue to evolve our business to prepare for the future."

NCM is not only responsible for ATVs. Over its 40 years, the plant has housed the production of snow blowers, string trimmers, mini-tillers, water pumps, pressure washers, generators and general-purpose engines. As it takes on ATV production, Honda's Talon and Pioneer side-by-sides will now be built at the Honda South Carolina Manufacturing (SCM) in Timmonsville, S.C. This plant is the exclusive home of Honda UTV production worldwide, which the brand hopes to expand in the coming years.

"The associates at Honda North Carolina Manufacturing have been a critical part of our ability to maintain a versatile product lineup for nearly four decades and that will continue in the future," said Hank Real, vice president, Powersports & Products, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "Transitioning ATV production to NCM will leverage our facility's manufacturing experience and talented Honda associates to ensure we continue to supply the high quality our customers expect from a Honda ATV."

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Production was half ATV's and half Side by Sides. Now Side by Side production should increase enough for dealers to have all models and colors in stock.

ATV Reviews, Videos, Pictures, and ATV Prices | ATV.com

Honda Kicks Off FourTrax Rancher ATV Production In North Carolina​

Story by Ross Ballot •2h

Anew era of all-terrain-vehicle production is underway at Honda North Carolina Manufacturing (NCM) in Swepsonville, North Carolina. Thanks to a $380 million investment, Honda is expanding the production of its ATVs in North America by making the NCM plant its exclusive home for four-wheeler manufacturing in North America. Through this, Honda aims to improve its manufacturing efficiency while increasing productivity.

The 700,000 square foot plant will allow Honda to build its FourTrax and TRX series ATVs for North America in much closer proximity to the machines' end destinations. While the youth-sized TRX90 has been rolling off the line at NCM for some months now, Honda just completed its first FourTrax Rancher at the facility, representing the stateside production of one of the brand's most popular models. For now, NCM is responsible for assembly through welding and paint; further departments will see the start of construction this fall.

"We're excited to bring ATV production to Honda North Carolina Manufacturing, and this team has done an incredible job working as one team with Honda associates in South Carolina to make it happen," said David Werden, assistant vice president and production division lead at NCM. "Flexibility in manufacturing has always been key to our ability to meet the needs of Honda customers and it's important that we continue to evolve our business to prepare for the future."

NCM is not only responsible for ATVs. Over its 40 years, the plant has housed the production of snow blowers, string trimmers, mini-tillers, water pumps, pressure washers, generators and general-purpose engines. As it takes on ATV production, Honda's Talon and Pioneer side-by-sides will now be built at the Honda South Carolina Manufacturing (SCM) in Timmonsville, S.C. This plant is the exclusive home of Honda UTV production worldwide, which the brand hopes to expand in the coming years.

"The associates at Honda North Carolina Manufacturing have been a critical part of our ability to maintain a versatile product lineup for nearly four decades and that will continue in the future," said Hank Real, vice president, Powersports & Products, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "Transitioning ATV production to NCM will leverage our facility's manufacturing experience and talented Honda associates to ensure we continue to supply the high quality our customers expect from a Honda ATV."

So this solves their supplier problem how? 🤔

No matter how many production lines you have, can't send them out without shocks, etc.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
And your an expert on this how?🤔
I know how to read.
All you have to do is google it(the search bar is your friend). There is a wealth of info out there all about how Honda (and others) are moving aspects of their supply chain away from china. And they would be fools not to. 💪

H

HondaTech

I know how to read.
All you have to do is google it(the search bar is your friend). There is a wealth of info out there all about how Honda (and others) are moving aspects of their supply chain away from china. And they would be fools not to. 💪

Thats funny because the knuckles on the Talon went from being made in Japan for 2021 and older models to being emblazoned with "CHINA" for 2022.

Their not reducing their reliance on s***.

H

HondaTech

So this solves their supplier problem how? 🤔

No matter how many production lines you have, can't send them out without shocks, etc.

This is what I said when they told us about the move. How is this going to help anything?

It's like when McDonald's added a 2nd drive through order lane. If you can't make double the food, then your just stacking orders and making more people wait in line.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thats funny because the knuckles on the Talon went from being made in Japan for 2021 and older models to being emblazoned with "CHINA" for 2022.

TOKYO, Aug 24 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co Ltd (7267. T) is considering building a separate supply chain that would reduce its dependence on China, the Sankei newspaper reported on Wednesday, in what would be a high profile move by a major Japanese manufacturer.Aug 24, 2022

This is one example of things I have read about Honda actively taking their supply chain elsewhere. I hope they and others continue to do so and not fall back into complacency.

Reactions: ChadD and IDIOT
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
TOKYO, Aug 24 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co Ltd (7267. T) is considering building a separate supply chain that would reduce its dependence on China, the Sankei newspaper reported on Wednesday, in what would be a high profile move by a major Japanese manufacturer.Aug 24, 2022

This is one example of things I have read about Honda actively taking their supply chain elsewhere. I hope they and others continue to do so and not fall back into complacency.
Until I see it, I will just put it in the Smoke and Mirrors category!

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
All you have to do is google it
Why didnt you say so?
“Ive seen it on the internet” all of my customers claim to know way more than I cuz of the Internet they say 🤣 Tank your buddy AlGore for that! After all he invented it right?🤔 😂

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R

I can confirm that. I just bought this LF knuckle to replace the one with the sloppy tie rod hole.....

20230722 124730

I can also confirm that my stock 2019 knuckle does not say China on it.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Why didnt you say so?
“Ive seen it on the internet” all of my customers claim to know way more than I cuz of the Internet they say 🤣 Tank your buddy AlGore for that! After all he invented it right?🤔 😂
I don't know who "invented" the internet, someday I should google that. Haha
I don't see your point about getting info on the net. Facts are facts no matter where you learn em. I've learned stuff in classrooms, on the job training, on my own, and on the net, even from guys like you on forums. I've even fixed my furnace and AC with knowledge learned on the net. 👍

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've even fixed my furnace and AC with knowledge learned on the net. 👍
U guys keep me in business 🤣
Im all for amateurs/homeowners trying to fix things to a degree. But some things are for Us certified trades guys, right @Russ989 ? Half the time we end up fixing the homeowners screw ups they found on the net. That's ok, just gets us more work. Its the ones that try to tell me how to do my job they F’d up themselfs while looking over my shoulder that I dont care for. If you knew how to do it, why did u F it up and have to call me then? 😂
I've learned stuff in classrooms, on the job training, on my own, and on the net,
Me as well. But you have to be careful of the net. Too many jacks of all trades , masters of absolutely nothing in alot of things. Have had many if them cost my customers alot of money in repairs either right away or down the line ;)

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im all for amateurs/homeowners trying to fix things to a degree. But some things are for Us certified trades guys, right @Russ989 ? Half the time we end up fixing the homeowners screw ups they found on the net. That's ok, just gets us more work. Its the ones that try to tell me how to do my job they F’d up themselfs while looking over my shoulder that I dont care for. If you knew how to do it, why did u F it up and have to call me then? 😂

Me as well. But you have to be careful of the net. Too many jacks of all trades , masters of absolutely nothing in alot of things. Have had many if them cost my customers alot of money in repairs either right away or down the line ;)
I’m with you on this. I think there’s a lot of info on the net but, Dr. Google and YouTube University make the situation worse sometimes and that’s when we come in, fix it and charge for having to fix other issues that didn’t exist before the search bar was engaged. 😂

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Amen. I'm a home owner and a retired toolmaker who's dad was a carpenter. I know a thing or two about a thing or two. But that 12v dc gets me every time. The internet helps bigly.

Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!