BOX1

Taking guesses. When will 2023's be announced/deliver?

K

kruzayn

Jan 1, 2023
Midwest
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
We saw the leaks of what will likely be released a few months ago, but with the delayed 2022's when do you all think they will announce and then deliver? Bonus points, what do you think will change?

Im guessing we get a 10 month model year for 2022 so will announce Feb, Release April (if my numbers are right from 22?).

Hoping for a power steering change.
Maybe an air filter design change of some sort?

I am a newb though and figured you all might have more educated guesses.

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We saw the leaks of what will likely be released a few months ago, but with the delayed 2022's when do you all think they will announce and then deliver? Bonus points, what do you think will change?

Im guessing we get a 10 month model year for 2022 so will announce Feb, Release April (if my numbers are right from 22?).

Hoping for a power steering change.
Maybe an air filter design change of some sort?

I am a newb though and figured you all might have more educated guesses.
Good luck with all that!
Waiting for Honda to announce/deliver anything is watching paint dry!

BTW, Where bouts is Mid West?
Pin point please, unless u have a warrant or something? 😂

PW2022

PW2022

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
"Hoping for a power steering change.
Maybe an air filter design change of some sort?"

I'm also a "newB".

What is wrong with the power steering and airbox you are concerned about? I added a filter minder and the steering feels adequate?

Yours not working?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

I'm also a "newB".

What is wrong with the power steering and airbox you are concerned about? I added a filter minder and the steering feels adequate?

Yours not working?
What size tires are you running?

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I believe our Redline that just dropped the other day said March for Multipurpose and Sport SXS.
I know I've been a bit absent but I'm gonna need some details. What I hear is we're getting another buggy. What's it like.

Attachments

• images.mp4
    80.2 KB
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

I'm also a "newB".

Yours not working?
The air intake location is one of the Talon's biggest weaknesses, you'll get between 200 to 600 miles per filter depending on your environment. The solution is a snorkel with a prefilter, there are several options available. One choice is linked in my sig "New Talon Owners - First Things to Know and Check" another very popular solution is @highpocket74 's snorkel kit.

There's a lot of good, basic information in the New Talon Owners thread if you haven't seen it.

A link to the power steering issues on some units -

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The suspension is stiff on the wash board and at speeds under 15 mph. The springs are too stiff so you really don't need the sway bar. I expect some of the 2023 models will be at the dealers in late March.

PW2022

PW2022

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
The air intake location is one of the Talon's biggest weaknesses, you'll get between 200 to 600 miles per filter depending on your environment. The solution is a snorkel with a prefilter, there are several options available. One choice is linked in my sig "New Talon Owners - First Things to Know and Check" another very popular solution is @highpocket74 's snorkel kit.

There's a lot of good, basic information in the New Talon Owners thread if you haven't seen it.

I've already read all that information. Still not seeing huge concerns with either item. Just kind of proceed accordingly.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X

I'm also a "newB".

Yours not working?
I've had Honda atvs since I was a kid. I don't see Honda changing the intake design anytime soon. Historically that is just not their approach. They put something out there and make the same thing for 20 years with only few minor mechanical changes and styling changes. Example the 22 model front grill. There may be a slight cooling advantage with this change but I think it was more marketing driven to look more RZR like. If Honda was interested in mechanical changes, the air box would have been revised on the 20 model year.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I've had a contract for my dealer's NEXT x2 FLV any color since 09/2021.
I had a most recent ship date of 1/25/2023 until this past Monday when it disappeared.
Email from today from dealer:

Hope the Feb news is good.

WB

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Sounds like your getting bumped to a 2023 model
I hope so since I've had a signed sales agreement with dealer since 09/2021 for his NEXT X2 FLV any color-he and I are still waiting for the "next one". I hope it comes quickly-have 15k of accessories already bought in my garage inc a Turbo. That pile is in the way!
FYI-Polaris n Yamaha aren't getting him much more product either.

WB

• Wow
Reactions: Backwoods and CID
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!