P1000 Side hilling angle of the dangle

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The P1000 states 36* but that seems like a static number. realistically what degree of off camber side hilling is considered safe before a flop or rollover with stock vehicle?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's like asking what size tire will fit. Honda puts that number on a stock machine. Probably on a concrete hill with no slip. Just changing tires could alter that number. Being in slop on a hill causing a sudden dip in mud could flop it. That is such a difficult thing to put a number on.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
agree, that cramping hurting feeling in your belly that makes ya wanna get out and drop your pants or go around.

that number is under a specific test, too many variables as mentioned above - if it looks bad enough and need a body on the side as counterweight, its steep\off camber.........

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The P1000 states 36* but that seems like a static number. realistically what degree of off camber side hilling is considered safe before a flop or rollover with stock vehicle?
🤔......about 2° more then this 👇
IMG 2175

And then...............you get this 👇
IMG 28042

😂😂😂

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's like asking what size tire will fit. Honda puts that number on a stock machine. Probably on a concrete hill with no slip. Just changing tires could alter that number. Being in slop on a hill causing a sudden dip in mud could flop it. That is such a difficult thing to put a number on.
I’m just not used to 4wheel independent suspension yet. First sxs.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
A Lev-O-Gage helps me know when I need to pay more attention BUT, as mentioned, the tilt table number is static and our environment is dynamic. As my tilt increases, my speed slows way the heck down, trying to minimize the dynamics. Even at the slowest possible speeds, I'm still getting a lot of dynamic input making the tilt gauge little more than a pacifier.

As a solo rider, I have to be far more careful than Adam490 who has a crew with him who can pull him back on his wheels.

Short version - if you're riding with others, it doesn't matter as much as if you're solo.

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm still learning the limitations of my machine, i don't do very much technical stuff just for hunting mainly. I haven't taken off the rear sway bar yet as others have but got me wondering, once the sway bar is removed, does that help keep the front wheels on the ground through some of the technical twisting stuff ????

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm still learning the limitations of my machine, i don't do very much technical stuff just for hunting mainly. I haven't taken off the rear sway bar yet as others have but got me wondering, once the sway bar is removed, does that help keep the front wheels on the ground through some of the technical twisting stuff ????
Yes.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!