Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm still learning the limitations of my machine, i don't do very much technical stuff just for hunting mainly. I haven't taken off the rear sway bar yet as others have but got me wondering, once the sway bar is removed, does that help keep the front wheels on the ground through some of the technical twisting stuff ????

Find a place with a bunch of small obstacles. There's a sand scramble area not far from a trail head around here that has small, steep hills and a bunch of off camber sections. Testing my machine's limitations on a smaller scale and in a controlled environment is the best thing I ever did. You'll know when it's at the pucker point.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
These were my first rides ever in a SxS. :oops: @Lil_Steve learning what you can, and cannot, do in a SxS, also his first rides. :p I'm the smart one casting a shadow in the lower left, taking pictures. 😎

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
~ once the sway bar is removed, does that help keep the front wheels on the ground through some of the technical twisting stuff ????

What exactly are you asking?
If you mean keeping all 4 wheels on the ground in small bumps then yes.
But the thread is about side hill angle.
Disconnecting the sway bar will put you on your lid sooner.

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
The P1000 states 36* but that seems like a static number. realistically what degree of off camber side hilling is considered safe before a flop or rollover with stock vehicle?
I knew I went to far when the horizon was perpendicular, the cooler hit me in the head, I was doused with ice and water, and my beer was rolling down the hill…..

L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i use the lev -o - gauge. i went out and tested different angles and what not to see where im comfortable. knock on wood i have not tipped this machine yet. done it plenty of times with a ranger but you know, gotta learn on junk first. theres no set in stone number. go with what ya feel!

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What exactly are you asking?
If you mean keeping all 4 wheels on the ground in small bumps then yes.
But the thread is about side hill angle.
Disconnecting the sway bar will put you on your lid sooner.
One of the areas that i guide in has a chitty spot where you have to climb an off camber rock basically, in doing so the right front wheel comes off the ground about a foot. Just thought i'd ask the question if removing the sway bar would help in that particular situation.

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
One of the areas that i guide in has a chitty spot where you have to climb an off camber rock basically, in doing so the right front wheel comes off the ground about a foot. Just thought i'd ask the question if removing the sway bar would help in that particular situation.
My guess without the bar, the left rear wheel would compress even more. Possibly resulting in a rollover.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As mentioned before, just give it more bbrrraaaapppp!

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As mentioned before, just give it more bbrrraaaapppp!
You could always test with a couple of friends in a parking lot lifting from the side and a safety strap to the ROPS so you could note the angle when it broke over. But as they've said above, it's all different when you are nose down or nose up - or the worst is you break traction, slip and bounce a bit and then it's over (and sometimes over and over again).
You should search youtube for UTV fails and rollovers. That will give you a sense of how it happens.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The P1000 states 36* but that seems like a static number. realistically what degree of off camber side hilling is considered safe before a flop or rollover with stock vehicle?
I’ve never measured it but when it starts to feel light and it’s teetering you’ll know.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!