P700 Side wall blow out

cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
Set of 26 in Pitbull Growlers about 507 from Summit. Thats a couple 26x9x12 and a couple 26x11x12's and they are 6 plyers.

I'll get with you when it's time for tires. Maybe get rims and tires that are taller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Hit a sharp rock on my property thankfully right before a trail ride and cut a star shaped hole in the sidewall of the front drivers tire. I could stick my thumb in the center of it. Rode it a couple hundred yards to the house and pulled it. I took it to town, bought a 6"x6" boot and a tube at tractor supply, then took it to the only little garage open (this was Sunday) and he booted it but the tube wouldn't fit, despite the fact that it was labeled the same size as my tire. Anyway, it worked without the tube so I returned it and thus the problem was fixed for $20.00.

Hi Monte,

I'm with you and would have fixed the stock tire. Nothing wrong with them and many don't give much credit to them but serve many well depending on use. Best wishes and great thread. Looking for options on another set of tires cause mine are a bit worn but no hurry. 244.99 full set factory size Bighorn knockoff 6 ply's on Amazon and free shipping and found a set of Honda barely used rims for a hundred close to home on Craigslist. Still thinking cause I got the 500 and the 700 and can swap around.

Reactions: cschomber63
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hi Monte,

I'm with you and would have fixed the stock tire. Nothing wrong with them and many don't give much credit to them but serve many well depending on use. Best wishes and great thread. Looking for options on another set of tires cause mine are a bit worn but no hurry. 244.99 full set factory size Bighorn knockoff 6 ply's on Amazon and free shipping and found a set of Honda barely used rims for a hundred close to home on Craigslist. Still thinking cause I got the 500 and the 700 and can swap around.
Thank you jawquin, my stock tires are new, 100 miles or so. Yeah, I will fix them like that. I too have the P5 and P7 and I replaced the tires on the P5 with Bighorns when the stocks had just 3-400 miles on them so I thought I'd bring one of those up here as a spare for the P7, only thing is that the P5 has 24's stock and the P7 has 25's. I wonder if that would be ok just to get back off the trail?? Have you looked into the reviews on those Bighorn knockoffs???

Reactions: cschomber63
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you jawquin, my stock tires are new, 100 miles or so. Yeah, I will fix them like that. I too have the P5 and P7 and I replaced the tires on the P5 with Bighorns when the stocks had just 3-400 miles on them so I thought I'd bring one of those up here as a spare for the P7, only thing is that the P5 has 24's stock and the P7 has 25's. I wonder if that would be ok just to get back off the trail?? Have you looked into the reviews on those Bighorn knockoffs???
If you have one odd size tire I would only use it on the front (because the rear is always locked as you know). If you got a bad flat in the rear you could put a stock front back there and your spare on the front. My concern is the two different size tires on a locked diff would put a lot of stress on the diff. How much? I don't know. How long could you get away with it? I don't know that either. Just something to consider.

Reactions: QuadMan747
QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
If you have one odd size tire I would only use it on the front (because the rear is always locked as you know). If you got a bad flat in the rear you could put a stock front back there and your spare on the front. My concern is the two different size tires on a locked diff would put a lot of stress on the diff. How much? I don't know. How long could you get away with it? I don't know that either. Just something to consider.
It also makes the machine pull hard as heck while riding a wheelie, yup ridin' a wheelie ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks T, I appreciate the instruction, good points.

Reactions: Tflynn
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R

I did some reading on the knockoffs and I'm all for them on these Hondas because they only do 40 or so excluding the 1000. I had a set of Artrex radials in one of my carts for 313.46 for a set of 2 26x9x12 and 2 26x11x12. I am way off but I just bought a set of Rage Storm tires. A set of 4 27x9x12 for 296.00 shipped so we will see how they do and I put miles on my machines. Best wishes.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!