P500 Since it looks like I won't find a P520......

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Looking at the Yamaha Wolverine X2 XT-R 850.

Price not being the deciding factor, what do ya'll think?

Any experience with Yamaha?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Or this. Many more if you search Wolverine. There is an Other SxS section at the bottom of the home page. Good luck.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looking at the Yamaha Wolverine X2 XT-R 850.

Price not being the deciding factor, what do ya'll think?

Any experience with Yamaha?
You can't really compare any 50" machine to something bigger...it's not fair to the smaller machine. The 50"er is a compromise for small trail access and space constraints. And usually price.
If you don't need those, the bigger machine will always provide a better ride, more capability on tough obstacles. Not to mention more space.
That said, the 700 is a better direct comparison to the wolverine, but in some ways, the X2 is kinda between the 700/1000. It's certainly got way more engine than a 700.

If I were to do it again, I'd go with the X2 or maybe the 1000. Not so much for anything the 700 (my 2nd) is doing wrong as much as I wonder what the SxS world is like outside Honda. All of mine have been Hondas, and I wonder how much I'm giving up for that.

And then there's the ever popular KRX and RMAX. Those are really next-level machines. The KRX is big, bad, and built like a brick s*** house...but maybe too big for my tastes. The RMAX is more what I want, but is expensive.

Last edited:
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You can't really compare any 50" machine to something bigger...it's not fair to the smaller machine. The 50"er is a compromise for small trail access and space constraints. And usually price.
If you don't need those, the bigger machine will always provide a better ride, more capability on though obstacles. Not to mention more space.
That said, the 700 is a better direct comparison to the wolverine, but in some ways, the X2 is kinda between the 700/1000. It's certainly got way more engine than a 700.

If I were to do it again, I'd go with the X2 or maybe the 1000. Not so much for anything the 700 (my 2nd) is doing wrong as much as I wonder what the SxS world is like outside Honda. All of mine have been Hondas, and I wonder how much I'm giving up for that.

And then there's the ever popular KRX and RMAX. Those are really next-level machines. The KRX is big, bad, and built like a brick s*** house...but maybe too big for my tastes. The RMAX is more what I want, but is expensive.
For me it depends on seat height. Due to a disability I cannot lift myself up on my toes. I need to be able to just sit in the unit.

The P520 has a seat height of 27" which is about perfect for me. The P700 seat height is 33" too high.

I have to make some calls tomorrow on the X2 and the RMAX to find the seat height.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
It's all about you and what you want to do with it . If you don't need 50" , don't get one .
If you don't care about belt drive vs transmission , open your sights .
Make a list of what you want/need and go from there .
I have a Pioneer 500 , Rzr 900 trail (50") and a Talon . All fun and very different from each other .

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
For me it depends on seat height. Due to a disability I cannot lift myself up on my toes. I need to be able to just sit in the unit.

The P520 has a seat height of 27" which is about perfect for me. The P700 seat height is 33" too high.

I have to make some calls tomorrow on the X2 and the RMAX to find the seat height.
Ahh...thats a big factor. I think both the big pioneers will have high seat heights. The X2 seems much lower.

You probably know this, but the pre '21 X2 was notorious for an intrusive door bolster that's makes getting in and out a pain. It was fixed for 2021.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It's all about you and what you want to do with it . If you don't need 50" , don't get one .
If you don't care about belt drive vs transmission , open your sights .
Make a list of what you want/need and go from there .
I have a Pioneer 500 , Rzr 900 trail (50") and a Talon . All fun and very different from each other .
Not thrilled about a belt drive, but 10 year warranty on the belt, I may not live that long.

On the X2, it looks like it's way easier to get in and out of reverse, which will be a plus for snow plowing.

Pros vs. cons, I guess.

Reactions: Mudder and DG Rider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!