Skid plates?

B

Beastburner

Oct 20, 2013
Missouri
Hello wheeling friends. Getting a P4 soon... Can't wait. How are the underbelly skid plates?? I hope their metal..

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a full metal skid plate under mine on the mainframe, from front diff to rear main frame, the skid plate under the rear diff and hitch is thick plastic.

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
Zonie said:
I posted this link earlier under a discussion on A Arm guards, but reposting here as it's more on point. I haven't picked my 700-4 up yet due to dealer installs, but I don't believe they come w/any skid plate. This is an after market product, who also makes the A Arm guards. Universal Parts, Inc.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-HONDA-PION ... 43c127bec0

Thanks Zonie for posting the info on this ebay seller they also have some good looking A-Arm covers also I just ordered the front and rear set from them, and the total out the door was 170.00 with shipping to Alabama.

I

illuminati

Nov 9, 2013
Zonie said:
I posted this link earlier under a discussion on A Arm guards, but reposting here as it's more on point. I haven't picked my 700-4 up yet due to dealer installs, but I don't believe they come w/any skid plate. This is an after market product, who also makes the A Arm guards. Universal Parts, Inc.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-HONDA-PION ... 43c127bec0

thanks for sharing.. gonna pick one of these up, $289 seems reasonable!

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
I installed my A arm guards today. They did not come with instructions (but you can look at the pictures on ebay and figure it out). The only thing I see wrong is the fact when you turn the front tires all the way to stop the guard hits the calipers. I just bent mine out a little and it seams to work. The guards look good and cover good. Just wanted to give an update in case anybody was on the fence about these. I would recommend them

G

Guard guy

Oct 19, 2013
I did the a arm guards as well, and am impressed. A good buy as well, since I got front and rear for the price of factory fronts only plus 20 bucks, which included shipping.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I like mine also. The only thing I don't like and it will probably be the same with the Hondas is that the rear seems to collect a lot of leaves and mud.

SSSOFFROAD

SSSOFFROAD

Aug 1, 2014
UTAH/ARIZONA
SSS Off Road manufactures 100% UHMW skid plates, more durable and protects better than any metal skid plate.

Attachments

• HONDA 3 SKIDS.jpg
    HONDA 3 SKIDS.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 258
SSSOFFROAD

SSSOFFROAD

Aug 1, 2014
UTAH/ARIZONA
[album][/album]

HONDA 700 100% UHMW SKID PLATE AND FRONT AND REAR ARM GUARDS AVAILABLE.

Attachments

• Honda 700.jpg
    Honda 700.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 150
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!