Skid protector?

O

Olmoparnut

Feb 26, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a used '16 1000-5 in February, with the warmer weather the cab heat is awful (even with insulation under the seat). There's a plastic guard (skid protector?) That runs the full length of the underbody, not sure if it's o.e.m or add-on. I'm thinking this could greatly reduce airflow around the engine and under the seat. Not sure about removing it ...Keep in mind that I'm more into backroad cruising than mudding or rock climbing...comments?

IMG 20210410 113419689 HDR

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought a used '16 1000-5 in February, with the warmer weather the cab heat is awful (even with insulation under the seat). There's a plastic guard (skid protector?) That runs the full length of the underbody, not sure if it's o.e.m or add-on. I'm thinking this could greatly reduce airflow around the engine and under the seat. Not sure about removing it ...Keep in mind that I'm more into backroad cruising than mudding or rock climbing...comments?

View attachment 265811
I'd leave it on oem isn't very good plus you never know when you might want to ride different types of stuff. Anything is better than nothing.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 265811
That won't help. Get a flip up windshield or take off the windshield you have.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

View attachment 265811
Bad idea your going to create more problems

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!