SLOWPOKE goes short course racing

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
These 2024 R4 front control arms that were sent to me by another member here got delivered yesterday! I have to order ball joints and bushings for them before I put them on but I still need to finish the car so not a big deal to wait on parts.....

20240329 171357

20240329 171414

B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
When I was running the American Racer and Hoosier dirt track tires at 10psi front and 12psi rear beadlocks all the way around were a necessity. With the Hoosier Bites I run now they work best at 18-20psi and beadlocks are not necessary on the fronts. I'll never run non-beadlocked rear wheels though, I learned my lesson but luckily it wasn't the hard way. Trying to make the car accelerate quicker i decided to try 4 rear stock wheels. I won the race that this happened in and the tire didn't loose a single PSI but I think one more corner and I would have went from hero to zero.

View attachment 419531
How do you like the hoosier bites? I have been running 4 stock rears for 3 years now, for short course rallycross. Are the hoosier bites to narrow? They only make them 9wide.
By the way I login to hondasxs just to see what you are working on. Great work with all the pics and explanations I have learned some pretty cool stuff from your build. I haven't done much at all to my talon, that being said it's very exciting to see all the improvements you have made to yours.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
How do you like the hoosier bites? I have been running 4 stock rears for 3 years now, for short course rallycross. Are the hoosier bites to narrow? They only make them 9wide.
By the way I login to hondasxs just to see what you are working on. Great work with all the pics and explanations I have learned some pretty cool stuff from your build. I haven't done much at all to my talon, that being said it's very exciting to see all the improvements you have made to yours.

They hook up good and are fairly light for an offroad tire. The width doesn't seem to be a hindrance either.

Thanks!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Still plugging away at it even though I'm not sure where I'm going to be racing now.

New seat mount is mostly done. I just need to add a couple legs down to the chassis for support and it will be GTG...

20240411 215326

20240411 215947

20240411 220000

Reactions: CID and NTCPrezJB
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ordered a pair of Keller upper ball joints and stock style control arm bushings from SATV a couple weeks ago. The Keller ball joints are impressive to say the least. They also threw in a second pair of main bodies so I can install them in both sets of upper arms and just swap the caps, studs and boots when I want to swap arms. Can't beat that with a stick!!

20240416 171549

Reactions: NTCPrezJB and CID
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I also ordered a couple of spare wheels from Keizer, and to my surprise the latest greatest forged offerings showed up. These things are so nice it's almost going to be a shame to beat them up in the dirt...

20240408 162601

I have a pair of Raceline lexan mud covers that will go well with these to keep them from packing with dirt/mud during races. Forgot to grab pictures of those though.

Last edited:
  • Love
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Track politics, land use problems for organizers?

Mid America Outdoors is all but closed due to a divorce, and our racing series was sold to Heartland Racing Association. They have been radio silent since buying the series a couple months ago and nobody knows if, when or where we will be racing this season. It's a total kick in the dick for all us racers. Luckily I have other options and they are local to me if HRA doesn't get their ass in gear and make some announcements soon.

Last edited:
  • Sad

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!