P1000 Snorkel pre screen

J

JTW

Ok.. so I finally got around to making my snorkel pre screen. I bought some frogzskin from @Hondasxs.. and used the plastic I cut away from the dash switch panel to sandwich the frogzskin between. I simply scuffed it up with a wire brush and used this shoe goo as my adhesive. It's not pretty but should work to block anything including water overspray from entering the intake.

IMG 3199 IMG 3200 IMG 3201 IMG 3202

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ok.. so I finally got around to making my snorkel pre screen. I bought some frogzskin from @Hondasxs.. and used the plastic I cut away from the dash switch panel to sandwich the frogzskin between. I simply scuffed it up with a wire brush and used this shoe goo as my adhesive. It's not pretty but should work to block anything including water overspray from entering the intake.

View attachment 39143 View attachment 39144 View attachment 39145 View attachment 39146
Could act as a prefilter as well!

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

Could act as a prefilter as well!
I have a prefilter I can swap to if needed.. but I just didn't like the idea of having the frogzskin where water or other crap could sit on it if it were just horizontal in the pipe.

IMG 1787

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have a prefilter I can swap to if needed.. but I just didn't like the idea of having the frogzskin where water or other crap could sit on it if it were just horizontal in the pipe.

View attachment 39151
Does your prefilter compress under heavy acceleration?

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!