P500 Snorkel to reduce air filter maintenance

C

Chooglin

Made up a snorkel to reduce the amount of dirty air this thing sucks in.I have a pre-filter inside the box and a intake vent to draw air in to the box...................I think this should do the trick !!!

Snorkel 4 Snorkel 3 Snorkel 2 Snorkel 1 Inlet

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Chooglin,
It looks good for sure. Have you got any riding time on it? I'm interested in knowing if pulling air from the rear of the box, where a low pressure area is, will be good or bad! Keep us updated.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Chooglin Pretty slick setup! :cool: Just don't forget and use your storage box for a cooler :p

C

Chooglin

@Hondasxs I also thought about the low pressure area in the rear, but I am hoping there will be less dirt/dust back there.

I took a short ride just to see if there was any noise reduction and it seems better but not by much !!

If the box ends up getting a lot of dust in it , I may need to figure something else out ,but i figure it has to be much better than the stock setup ,as far as the amount of dirt it pulls in to the filter...................will keep you posted as I ride more !!!

Reactions: Hondasxs
C

Chooglin

@Chooglin Pretty slick setup! :cool: Just don't forget and use your storage box for a cooler :p
Ya ,that would not be good !!!.......actually ,my cooler sets just in front of the pre-filter , so as long as it doesn't spring a leak,I should be ok !

Reactions: Dp5hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!