outlawhondarider

outlawhondarider

2017 PK3
Lifetime Member
Mar 24, 2018
Dallas Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello everyone, just finished installing HL snorkel kit and vent relocation as well. The Highlifter snorkel installed easy, instructions pretty vague but seems like a good product. The kit also included vent relo kit, with vinyl tubing, fittings, etc.. I decided against drilling holes in the roll cage and ran all ports up the pass side rr cage and up to roof on the pass side. I tied the fan vent and front diff into a T and routed to roof and all other ports were routed with an individual line/hose. This took a little longer but those white plastic T's and fittings are so cheap and break so easy, i wanted piece of mind.

I vented ft and rr diffs, gas tank, sub trans, trans box and fan motor. My question- has anyone vented the crankcase vent located on front of engine ????? This one seems SUPER important and has the lowest tube location of all the vents. I haven't seen anyone address this on other posts and nothing in the HL instructions.

BTW- I have an underhood snorkel built from 2" schedule 40 PVC, with rubber sleeve, glued and ready to install a member can have if you pay for postage. Send me a PM in interested..

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOL3 and BWAF
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone, just finished installing HL snorkel kit and vent relocation as well. The Highlifter snorkel installed easy, instructions pretty vague but seems like a good product. The kit also included vent relo kit, with vinyl tubing, fittings, etc.. I decided against drilling holes in the roll cage and ran all ports up the pass side rr cage and up to roof on the pass side. I tied the fan vent and front diff into a T and routed to roof and all other ports were routed with an individual line/hose. This took a little longer but those white plastic T's and fittings are so cheap and break so easy, i wanted piece of mind.

I vented ft and rr diffs, gas tank, sub trans, trans box and fan motor. My question- has anyone vented the crankcase vent located on front of engine ????? This one seems SUPER important and has the lowest tube location of all the vents. I haven't seen anyone address this on other posts and nothing in the HL instructions.

BTW- I have an underhood snorkel built from 2" schedule 40 PVC, with rubber sleeve, glued and ready to install a member can have if you pay for postage. Send me a PM in interested..
Im pretty sure the line you're referring to is the water pump weep line...you do not want to do anytging to this line.

outlawhondarider

outlawhondarider

2017 PK3
Lifetime Member
Mar 24, 2018
Dallas Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This tube is on the opposite engine side of water pump and looks to be 1/4 inch vent hose coming out.

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!