P1000 Snorkeled - P1000-5

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A couple of weeks ago I vented the fuel tank, transaxles and radiator fan motor and yesterday added the snorkel. I used @joeymt33 details and suggested parts and pieces. Thank you sir for making it easy!

IMG 3332

IMG 3345

Under the hood:
IMG 3341

I trimmed and installed the stock pre-filter at the top of the pipe sticking a stiff wire through it and bending 90's on either side, covering it with the clamp. I have enough pipe left over that I can make one taller if experience dictates. I have a bit more customizing to finalize the fit, need a different Dremel bit than what I have to complete the installation.

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
A couple of weeks ago I vented the fuel tank, transaxles and radiator fan motor and yesterday added the snorkel. I used @joeymt33 details and suggested parts and pieces. Thank you sir for making it easy!

View attachment 25317

View attachment 25318

Under the hood:
View attachment 25319

I trimmed and installed the stock pre-filter at the top of the pipe sticking a stiff wire through it and bending 90's on either side, covering it with the clamp. I have enough pipe left over that I can make one taller if experience dictates. I have a bit more customizing to finalize the fit, need a different Dremel bit that what I have to complete the installation.

Good job bro, looks good!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Now let's watch that video of @drfubar doing the rain dance and then we will have a deep creek to play in.

Haha, that looks great bud. You ok love the growl.

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 25317

View attachment 25318

Under the hood:
View attachment 25319

I trimmed and installed the stock pre-filter at the top of the pipe sticking a stiff wire through it and bending 90's on either side, covering it with the clamp. I have enough pipe left over that I can make one taller if experience dictates. I have a bit more customizing to finalize the fit, need a different Dremel bit than what I have to complete the installation.
Looks great.

Reactions: pct and Manwell
Pioneer_Jake

Pioneer_Jake

Aug 29, 2016
Lima Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks awesome man. @joeymt33 is the man. His entire build is badass. I did notice you didn't mention venting the transmission itself. Im in the process of doing my install right now and want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Its both diffs, transmission, fuel tank, and radiator fan vent correct?

Reactions: drfubar
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks awesome man. @joeymt33 is the man. His entire build is badass. I did notice you didn't mention venting the transmission itself. Im in the process of doing my install right now and want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Its both diffs, transmission, fuel tank, and radiator fan vent correct?

There is a cable adjustment box on the drivers side under the rear passenger seat or bed on the 1000-3. You may want to seal it up to prevent corrosion.

23216bf054dadadb2426a98acee23431

Reactions: drfubar
advertisement
cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit

View attachment 25317

View attachment 25318

Under the hood:
View attachment 25319

Is electronic stuff protected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaredgriffin29

Jaredgriffin29

Dec 27, 2017
Sandrock, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like what Manwell got straight up thru the hood. Do i really need to extend all my vent lines? Don't plan riding in the lake. Maybe up the the doors . But do i still need to vent my lines ? Hope I'm using the right terminology here?

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like what Manwell got straight up thru the hood. Do i really need to extend all my vent lines? Don't plan riding in the lake. Maybe up the the doors . But do i still need to vent my lines ? Hope I'm using the right terminology here?

If you're going to get in the water, definitely extend the vent lines.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!