P1000 Snorkle

B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How important is it to snorkel? I assumed it was a must, however in looking into it I figured out that it comes stock snorkeled into the under hood area. Can I safely assume i'd have to get into about 3' of water before it's an issue? That's more water than this old man will ever drive through (on purpose, anyway).

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How important is it to snorkel? I assumed it was a must, however in looking into it I figured out that it comes stock snorkeled into the under hood area. Can I safely assume i'd have to get into about 3' of water before it's an issue? That's more water than this old man will ever drive through (on purpose, anyway).
The 2016 and early 17's (like mine) had a different air intake under the hood that were venerable to taking in water. Late 17 to present models have an improved design that I have upgraded mine to. Like you, I dont do deep water. A little in the floorboard is as deep as I go.

I dont have a snorkel, but I have extended all vent lines up to my roof which I feel for my needs is more important. Snorkel intake noise is not something I want to hear either.

Wisco_rider

Wisco_rider

Apr 25, 2020
Hartland,wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you dont use it as a boat, the air intake is gonna be fine where it is. The vent lines, on the other hand, should be extended right away.