P1000 Snow Plow Advice

T

tcallre

Sep 13, 2017
SW Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Greeting SxS folks. I'd like to get a snow plow for my 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 5 and would like some advice on brands, winch size and web businesses to purchase from.
I have a forty foot concrete driveway and a lot of ten foot concrete porches that I'd like not to shovel anymore. I live in SW Utah at 5700 ft. elevation and a usual snow storm will dump between seven and fifth-teen inches. Though last year I did wake up to thirty inches and only then could understand why folks move away from snow country.
I've done some searching and it seems there is a lot of different brands that do the job and people are happy with their choices.
I appreciate your advice and recommendations,
tcallre

Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
Greeting SxS folks. I'd like to get a snow plow for my 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 5 and would like some advice on brands, winch size and web businesses to purchase from.
I have a forty foot concrete driveway and a lot of ten foot concrete porches that I'd like not to shovel anymore. I live in SW Utah at 5700 ft. elevation and a usual snow storm will dump between seven and fifth-teen inches. Though last year I did wake up to thirty inches and only then could understand why folks move away from snow country.
I've done some searching and it seems there is a lot of different brands that do the job and people are happy with their choices.
I appreciate your advice and recommendations,
tcallre
I have the KFI and 4500# Viper winch, works well for me.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would suggest getting a plow motor for your plow and not use the winch as the lift. It depends on how much you plow but I've burned up winches using them as a lift. I put an electric motor on my quad plow 10 years ago and it's still working well. I'm at 8400 ft. We love snow!

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I have a 72 Denali Country style by Motoalliance I bought online from them. It's a very nice plow and the best accessory so far I have bought for a Pioneer and here's why. Bought it 2 years ago and put it together in the garage and it's never been mounted or used cause it hasn't snowed enough the last two years to get it out here and that's rare.

Reactions: Hawkeye
T

tcallre

Sep 13, 2017
SW Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would suggest getting a plow motor for your plow and not use the winch as the lift. It depends on how much you plow but I've burned up winches using them as a lift. I put an electric motor on my quad plow 10 years ago and it's still working well. I'm at 8400 ft. We love snow!
A few years ago we visited your beautiful state in our Miata. It was summer but I came away in awe at the talent your road plow crews must have to keep your highways open in the winter. At 8400 ft. I know you do some serious plowing.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I just pushed the easy button and ordered the SuperATV 72" kit, we'll see how it works out.

S

scottf

Jan 30, 2017
Meridian, ID
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I havent used jt yet but just ordered the new KFI pro poly blade, push tubes, and mounting plate. Quality is really good and it looks like it will last a long time. Now waiting for it to snow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!