P1000 Snow plow input

A

Ampelec1

Jan 9, 2021
Midlothian va
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any thoughts on which plow is best and can the clutch handle plowing snow?

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The denali system and viper winch is a great setup. There right here in the club store. Stay in low and 4wd, and it's no problem. I also have mine tuned which helps a lot. But these things are animals for plowing. 547f593c0e08619e334563f778f8ac82

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

R

rickoshea

i'm using the Kimpex click n go 72".no pins,just foot pedals to install/remove.i bent the locking pin that locks the blade pivot when i hit a very big snow pile at an angle going way too fast ,so i'm out of commission till a new one arrives,but so far i'm happy with it.i bent it back but it's stressed and nfg now.it's the only weak point of the system so far.

Reactions: ChadD
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been running a Moose plow for 4 years and we get a bit of snow here. Real pain to put on but it sure will move snow in front of my P1000-3.

Reactions: Eltobgi and ChadD
L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
been pondering the boss plow for a while now. watching videos and trying to decide if i should spend the money or not. my neighbor has a plow truck, i have a skidsteer. but it just seems like a v plow on the pioneer would be so handy. or a big waste of money lol

Reactions: Raynman and ChadD
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
been pondering the boss plow for a while now. watching videos and trying to decide if i should spend the money or not. my neighbor has a plow truck, i have a skidsteer. but it just seems like a v plow on the pioneer would be so handy. or a big waste of money lol

I looked hard at the BOSS. IMO you have to upgrade/modify your front suspension to deal with the weight of the V-Blade. The price (plus installation) was 3X of a Denali Hydro-turn set up (that I easily installed myself) with no modifications needed. 100% satisfied with my decision.

advertisement
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I looked hard at the BOSS. IMO you have to upgrade/modify your front suspension to deal with the weight of the V-Blade. The price (plus installation) was 3X of a Denali Hydro-turn set up (that I easily installed myself) with no modifications needed. 100% satisfied with my decision.

Yea I put much heavier springs on.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would use the skid steer and not beat on the pioneer.

Reactions: Remington
L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yeah i kinda figured id have to beef it up. i can probly buy my other neighbors oshkosh big plow rig for what it would cost to get the boss on.
its just the novelty of it that i like haha. side note been collecting s*** to build a pickup mounted snow blower, a big one.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
yeah i kinda figured id have to beef it up. i can probly buy my other neighbors oshkosh big plow rig for what it would cost to get the boss on.
its just the novelty of it that i like haha. side note been collecting s*** to build a pickup mounted snow blower, a big one.

Pics or didn't happen. Just sayin'

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live in New Hampshire and have a 1/2 mile long dirt driveway with 3 steep hills (between 7&9% grade if the gauge on my truck is to be believed). Bought a 72” KFI poly pro plow 3 years ago and haven’t hung the plow on my truck since. The pioneer plows like a champ. Mine is a ‘16, all stock.

Reactions: Raynman and ChadD
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
these plows aren’t a novelty toy...they move a lot of snow.

if you set the skis correctly and keep your gravel drive level a plow will last a long, long time.

I have both a skid steer and a 70hp tractor with blower as well as a 30” walk behind blower.

The Honda with a plow is way faster than the skid steer (only have 50” bucket). I used the big blower once last year. After that blizzard I used the plow to windrow the small stuff into 3’ deep 8’ wide piles and used the big blower to blow it out of the way.

I haven’t used my walk behind in 2 years. Probably should sell it as it’s brand new 3 years ago with only 3 months of use.

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Keep them coming guys. I am moving to the snow country in 2 months and never lived in snow. I need all the info get. Would like to know what is the max snow your 1000 can handle at one time along with best and worst conditions

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Keep them coming guys. I am moving to the snow country in 2 months and never lived in snow. I need all the info get. Would like to know what is the max snow your 1000 can handle at one time along with best and worst conditions

There are a lot of variables that will change how much snow it can handle. You’ll learn more as you experience it for yourself, but some basics are what kind of surface you’re plowing, what kind of grades you’re dealing with, what kind of snow you’re dealing with (light & fluffy vs heavy and wet) etc. How much room to you have to push the snow back? During a real good winter your snowbanks can start to close in on you if you don’t push them back far enough.

Edit: In years past I’ve run a tote of sand in the bed and chains on the rear to increase traction. Didn’t have a chance to get set up before this last storm and plowed about 16” initially, then another 6” plus pushing banks back after the storm.

mcwright

mcwright

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2014
McCall, ID
I also use a KFI poly pro and I plow a lot of snow. 99% of my customers are gravel drives. I bolt a steel pipe onto my blade edge to keep from digging up gravel. Works great. Once the snow gets too deep, the pioneer can't get over the banks and I have to blow it out. These things move a ton of snow though and much faster than my other machines.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!