ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
When I had a 500 I bought the KFI plow. Very well built, very high quality. Long tubes so you can see the blade well from the seat. When I bought the 1000, I wanted to go a cheaper route so I bought the Tusk system from Rocky Mountain. I have plowed quite a bit with it and it has held up. The mounting plate is extremely beefy, but I worry about it catching underneath when riding for fun so I have to take it off for fair weather riding season. I have caught some immovable objects with the plow and have had no issues. The push tubes are not as long as the KFI so the blade isn't as visible from the seat. But the plow is built well enough and I would purchase it again. It was more than $100 cheaper than a KFI setup.

R

rickoshea

There are a lot of variables that will change how much snow it can handle. You’ll learn more as you experience it for yourself, but some basics are what kind of surface you’re plowing, what kind of grades you’re dealing with, what kind of snow you’re dealing with (light & fluffy vs heavy and wet) etc. How much room to you have to push the snow back? During a real good winter your snowbanks can start to close in on you if you don’t push them back far enough.

Edit: In years past I’ve run a tote of sand in the bed and chains on the rear to increase traction. Didn’t have a chance to get set up before this last storm and plowed about 16” initially, then another 6” plus pushing banks back after the storm.
my neighbors all plow with their dinky atv's.i come along behind them and smash the piles back another few meters over the ditches so the snowbanks don't get too tall.plowing with tracks definitely has advantages.

Reactions: Raynman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!