P1000 Snow Tires

M

MTLuckyDan

Jun 18, 2018
US
Run the tires you have with chains for plowing & you'll not have any more issues. Especially if you have another set of tires for other applications. I've been plowing for more than 25 years with ATV & now SxS...chains are the best solution.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plumber32
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They would clean out better than your Motto Hammers or Tensor Regulators, just saying
Well yeah, I know from experience that the TR’s won’t clean out.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Run the tires you have with chains for plowing & you'll not have any more issues. Especially if you have another set of tires for other applications. I've been plowing for more than 25 years with ATV & now SxS...chains are the best solution.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
How do chains do in mud and drier areas where the snow has melted?

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
like he said digger tires like mayhems and bighorns suck unless you are in less than 6inches or swamp with no ice. I have tried a ton of different stuff the best in deep snow and cleaning out in both clay and heavy snow is the mud lite, and that is all I buy now they handle decent in the summer on hard stuff, ride smooth as stock, they are pretty good at everything

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kinda snow are we talking about here? Throttle control and flotation is everything for deep snow. Heres a good example when I was in the mountains. We needed the wolverine with bighorns half wore out mind you to make the path. And it did excellent.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What kinda snow are we talking about here? Throttle control and flotation is everything for deep snow. Heres a good example when I was in the mountains. We needed the wolverine with bighorns half wore out mind you to make the path. And it did excellent.
Was that Tigermark? What kind of tires were those. I’m not from big snow area, maybe I need to learn how to drive better in deep snow. Also, I have had my most trouble with 5 people in the Pioneer. Maybe that makes a difference too....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
like he said digger tires like mayhems and bighorns suck unless you are in less than 6inches or swamp with no ice. I have tried a ton of different stuff the best in deep snow and cleaning out in both clay and heavy snow is the mud lite, and that is all I buy now they handle decent in the summer on hard stuff, ride smooth as stock, they are pretty good at everything
Thanks for sharing your experience and opinion on tires. I’ll look at those and hope for corroboration from others on them. :cool:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Is this the tread pattern you’re referring to? And do you know what ply rating they are?
16BD4D57 439C 4C3A A4B5 AD52DA3B76F3

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My MT LT tires have worked very well in the snow. Now if you get balls deep any tire ain’t worth a chit in snow that’s a fact Jack!

You just need a wide enough deep enough and not worn out tread that will throw the snow out.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
those are the quad ones, I have many thousands of miles on those but the utv one are the 2s. the right tractor tread for floatation like he said is what you want, bearclaw htr, out back they pick you up as best as you can

these are 6ply and have the proper utv load rating which is more important, there is a lot to making a tough long wearing tire, other than ply. these tire pretty hard radial so they handle decent and should last.
ITP Mud Lite II ATV Tires - MotoXMall

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
20190120 124211
all 2wd stuff up to the frame. most all we got last year foot or two of heavy wet crap. when we get 3 or 4 feet plus I could go through it floating on top on my can am with xtrs and the old prairie. not sure how this will do being so heavy but I wouldn't buy anything else, they did go through that and the few ft of wind blown stuff in the hedgerows fine

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My MT LT tires have worked very well in the snow. Now if you get balls deep any tire ain’t worth a chit in snow that’s a fact Jack!

You just need a wide enough deep enough and not worn out tread that will throw the snow out.
View attachment 132273
That’s similar to the TR’s tread pattern, close knobbies where the snow packed in on me and the tires became like slicks, smooth with no traction. I’m holding my mouth wrong....:D

Reactions: Remington
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
those are the quad ones, I have many thousands of miles on those but the utv one are the 2s. the right tractor tread for floatation like he said is what you want, bearclaw htr, out back they pick you up as best as you can

these are 6ply and have the proper utv load rating which is more important, there is a lot to making a tough long wearing tire, other than ply. these tire pretty hard radial so they handle decent and should last.
ITP Mud Lite II ATV Tires - MotoXMall
Got it, those look like they would clean out too. What do you guys in heavy snow States think about what @MTLuckyDan said regarding snow chains on any tires??

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
they are good for ice, or snow ice that builds up after you plow and it freezes. but for trail-heavy wet tire clogging stuff like you are saying stuff id rather have the mud lights

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was that Tigermark? What kind of tires were those. I’m not from big snow area, maybe I need to learn how to drive better in deep snow. Also, I have had my most trouble with 5 people in the Pioneer. Maybe that makes a difference too....
Yep that's @Tigermark , I don't recall what tires hes got at the moment. From my gathering in about a ft of snow the more aggressive tires I've had would chatter / hop a lot. Where my truck style tires just spin and go. Only tires I've seen that were really bad in the snow are the ones @CumminsPusher used to run, my buddy had them on a wildcat and were God awful. Probably the rubber compound being so hard. Watch some jeep videos in the snow on YouTube. And see what they run. Those guys go through or over 6' of the white stuff.

Reactions: Tigermark
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yep that's @Tigermark , I don't recall what tires hes got at the moment. From my gathering in about a ft of snow the more aggressive tires I've had would chatter / hop a lot. Where my truck style tires just spin and go. Only tires I've seen that were really bad in the snow are the ones @CumminsPusher used to run, my buddy had them on a wildcat and were God awful. Probably the rubber compound being so hard. Watch some jeep videos in the snow on YouTube. And see what they run. Those guys go through or over 6' of the white stuff.
Lol. Ya Ripsaws are absolute crap in the snow/mud. Great dry weather though, toughest tire ever had. Personally always liked 2.0 in the snow. Low pressure they clean out well

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
any one I know from around here that had those 2.0s has sold it. and for 100 to 150 more should be way better than the mud lites for clay and heavy snow, and they are not even better at all

the only they might be better on is wear over gravel and rock

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!