Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
any one I know from around here that had those 2.0s has sold it. and for 100 to 150 more should be way better than the mud lites for clay and heavy snow, and they are not even better at all

the only they might be better on is wear over gravel and rock
Pulled a Jeep back into camp though about 4 miles of trails this weekend in the muddiest condition I’ve seen in years with my Bighorn copies. I couldn’t be happier with them, they were always digging.

M

MTLuckyDan

Jun 18, 2018
US
In deep snow tracks are the way to go. It varies by snow condition as mentioned by many. There's a reason they run chains on log skidders in snow & wet or mud conditions..they give superior traction as long as you don't float the machine. The disadvantage of chains is you probably don't want to go fast. When I was plowing with a 4-Wheeler...if I didn't run chains I'd be stuck all the time where I live.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Was that Tigermark? What kind of tires were those. I’m not from big snow area, maybe I need to learn how to drive better in deep snow. Also, I have had my most trouble with 5 people in the Pioneer. Maybe that makes a difference too....
IMG 20180912 132857

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lol. Ya Ripsaws are absolute crap in the snow/mud. Great dry weather though, toughest tire ever had. Personally always liked 2.0 in the snow. Low pressure they clean out well
That’s interesting....I’ll give the low pressure a try.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I messaged RMATV and asked what their best snow tire is and the rep that answered it sent me a link with all their snow tires.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So I called and asked specifically which snow tire was most popular and I was told Black Diamond. I don’t believe anyone here has mentioned them....:confused:

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Grab a set of cheap 15" rims, then hit your local tire store and get automotive blizzaks or goodyear snow tires.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
think the Black Waters clean out, but I know you don't like them,
I don’t dislike them, I have no experience with them. They have a nice tread pattern, just don’t know if anyone in heavy snow States have used them and like them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!