P500 So that is where the oil is going........

T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve been noticing some oil loss after rides recently. First time I just added oil and went about my business. Wife and I went out a ride a few days ago and again I noticed oil level had dropped, not much, but it was lower after only 45 miles. Looking over the machine I see the rear of the starter has the tell tale oil stain. And the skid plate. And the back of the engine. And on the rubber boot of the shaft to the rear diff. Wow, this this leaking pretty good!
I replaced the starter last year due to magnets coming loose, and apparently the seal on the replacement starter failed, pushing oil into the starter and then everywhere else.
Tomorrow I’ll piece together parts from both starters to make a good one.
0ADB09D8 8A9D 4844 9B92 3185F7A1758C

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!