P500 So who makes these cheap axles anyway?

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
So, I was looking on Ebay and found that clearly some axles for our machines are priced cheaper than others, the cheapest ones say "Not for lifted machines", and are OEM spec, clearly they are stock axles. Honda does not make axles, they buy them after all, unlike the $$ Rhino's that have a larger CV and bigger everything. But, Rhino may not be the manufacturer of the ones they sell either.

Here is an example, this axle is on Ebay for $77.65 from "Gear-Up".
Here is the SAME interchange part number on another website for $45
I find this interesting and worth some effort to decode.

For the money difference I admit I am curious.
Has anyone used any of these axles from Enertek, eastlake, or the "Wide open ATV" axle for $53.21 that has the same part number (ATV-HO-8-237) as the "All balls", go figure right?

I am thinking we could transpose some part numbers and order right from China directly and save about 75%.

Just thinking out loud.

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Interesting but not surprising since you yourself could have a product that is already being made stamped with your company name with or without any changes made to it.The factory in china does not care who's name is on it and will even make some changes for you they just want to sell product.

What I would love to have is a complete cross reference database of compatible parts for the P500.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!