P1000m5 Soft Cab worth it?

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive been looking at possibly to buy soft cab and soft mid panel. I've heard that they'l don't seal good and are not worth the money. For anybody that has them are they worth it? Pros and cons

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a full set on mine. Fronts backs and rear pannels. Cant say that i love them. The do have some large gaps. More than a 1/2" in some of the corners. They do keep the heat in and the cold out until 35-40 mph. Honda says that you cant tow it at freeway speeds with them on. I roll the plastic Windows down and then secure the topback corner of the front doors to the roll bar. And the same for the rear bottom corner of the rear doors. Then remove the rear pannel completely. So there is some set up and tear down .

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I can't comment on the rear but on the front they actually did OK for fabric. As long as you had a full windshield and back window I towed with mine up all the time with no issue but the Velcro strap on the inside needs connected which means rolling down the window to get in then rolling back up On the front doors if you spend some time adjusting it before install and try to get it where it sits just under the rollbar they actually seal up pretty well considering. Personally I wouldn't use the template that comes with it I shut the door have someone hold the window where it goes and looks the best and drill your holes these rigs seem to be a little different each rig so going with the general template doesn't work as well. I'm a stickler for fit and finish and you only have one shot to make these right. I did notice when you rolled the windows up it seems to scratch them pretty good so when we were riding around we just drop the window down. Also I would consider spray foaming the hinges before you add the door and keep in mind the door will sag a little bit because of the added weight if you don't

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok seems like pro caliber is the cheapest place to purchase a soft cab.

More then likely yes they have really good prices. Sometimes people will get a good discount from their dealer always worth checking on. Check eBay and amazon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
More then likely yes they have really good prices. Sometimes people will get a good discount from their dealer always worth checking on. Check eBay and amazon as well.

Even with my dealers "loyalty" discount they couldnt even touch the oline stores price

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Even with my dealers "loyalty" discount they couldnt even touch the oline stores price

They do really good for me on some things.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dang nothing worse than finding a good online vender, and having them based out of your home state. Not having sales tax online typically makes it worth it. But not when they are in your state

But shipping is fast to us

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im not a line man just fix all the buckets and diggers they break. On the construction side

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I bit the bullet and ordered a soft cab got the front doors and mid panel for a little over $500. Now gotta find out how to sell the doors up a little better it looks like.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!