P1000m5 Soft Doors with Hard Top

T

TimKoth

Oct 6, 2016
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi All,

I have a 2016 Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. I have the bimini top for it, and my soft doors will be in soon. My dealer told me I had to use the bimini top with the soft doors, as they won't work with a hard top. I really don't like the bimini top & would rather have the hard top. I live in northern WI, so the soft doors is a must for the next few months.

I saw some pictures online of soft doors mounted with a hard top.

Has anyone tried the soft doors with a hard top? If so, could you send a couple pictures, so I can show my dealer. I am having them install the soft doors later this week.

Thanks for any help!
Tim

Last edited:
Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a set of soft doors and a hard top on mine. It works, they just rub on the top when you open and close the door. I'll add the soft doors are less than ideal, I would go as far to say they are a rip off for what they cost and how poorly they seal, they actually have a Velcro strap on the top you have to use to pull them in tight around the roll bar. You can see the gap around the door in the picture.
20160212 111829

Last edited:
T

TimKoth

Oct 6, 2016
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a set of soft doors and a hard top on mine. It works, they just rub on the top when you open and close the door. I'll add the soft doors are less than ideal, I would go as far to say they are a rip off for what they cost and how poorly they seal, they actually have a Velcro strap on the top you have to use to pull them in tight around the roll bar. You can see the gap around the door in the picture.
View attachment 23993

Do they help when it's cold out, or do you still get a lot of air in the cab, because of the poor seal?

Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's better than no door at all, the whole cab is drafty, there is another thread about the air that blows through the shifters and that is true. That excess heat from the seat feels pretty good in the winter though.

T

TimKoth

Oct 6, 2016
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's better than no door at all, the whole cab is drafty, there is another thread about the air that blows through the shifters and that is true. That excess heat from the seat feels pretty good in the winter though.

Thanks for the info, I am going to see if my dealer will do the install.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi All,

I have a 2016 Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. I have the bimni top for it, and my soft doors will be in soon. My dealer told me I had to use the bimni top with the soft doors, as they won't work with a hard top. I really don't like the bimni top & would rather have the hard top. I live in northern WI, so the soft doors is a must for the next few months.

I saw some pictures online of soft doors mounted with a hard top.

Has anyone tried the soft doors with a hard top? If so, could you send a couple pictures, so I can show my dealer. I am having them install the soft doors later this week.

Thanks for any help!
Tim
Soft doors with hard top , glass windshield with wiper, no problem. Your dealer has no clue?

100 0954 100 0915 100 0916

T

TimKoth

Oct 6, 2016
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
With the full enclosure it's not too dusty. With just the front windshield and a top it's extremely dusty. I have a full enclosure but I'm thinking about removing the rear doors and rear panel and installing the hard mid panel. I tow mine a lot and you have to roll up the windows on the soft doors to tow it. It's a real pain in the butt to roll up all five windows. So I'm planning on buying a mid hard panel next week. I hope that cuts the dust out. So my wintertime configuration for hunting season will be a hard front windshield with windshield wiper, soft front doors and a hard mid panel. I plan on getting a half windshield and removing the doors and mid panel for the summertime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
With the full enclosure it's not too dusty. With just the front windshield and a top it's extremely dusty. I have a full enclosure but I'm thinking about removing the rear doors and rear panel and installing the hard mid panel. I tow mine a lot and you have to roll up the windows on the soft doors to tow it. It's a real pain in the butt to roll up all five windows. So I'm planning on buying a mid hard panel next week. I hope that cuts the dust out. So my wintertime configuration for hunting season will be a hard front windshield with windshield wiper, soft front doors and a hard mid panel. I plan on getting a half windshield and removing the doors and mid panel for the summertime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
R

ryanihw350

Sep 4, 2016
US
I got a question that pertains to the back soft panel. Sorry to interfere on this thread. I am wanting to do wake tower speakers on rear roll bar and want to add the rear soft panel on a 1000-5. The speakers will hang out from the bar about 7 inches. Was wondering if there is any adjustment in the top of rear soft panel. From directions it looks like it has a top adjustment strap

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CopenHagen

CopenHagen

Aug 1, 2016
Southeastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have hard roof with soft doors and soft midpanel ,worst problem with it is the hard roof sits 4 inches or better above middle roll bar and mid panel stops there so there's a 4 inch gap that I had to seal up and on the doors I had to wrap all the tubing with pipe insulation to make it even remotely air tight

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got a question that pertains to the back soft panel. Sorry to interfere on this thread. I am wanting to do wake tower speakers on rear roll bar and want to add the rear soft panel on a 1000-5. The speakers will hang out from the bar about 7 inches. Was wondering if there is any adjustment in the top of rear soft panel. From directions it looks like it has a top adjustment strap

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
It won't work. I was going to do the same thing. Ended up mid mounting my speakers. You can see them in the pic mounted to the headrest support.

IMG 20160824 110841535

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!