P

Phistry815

Oct 25, 2017
East TN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Has anyone installed the soft top on a
700-4 without the support rods? Just wondering if it would work and/or still look good? It seems that the rods make the top a lot taller than it really needs to be.

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
After losing 1/2 my rods trailering I used my my top with no rods for a week, you can get the top fairly tight without them but watch out for water pooling in or after a heavy rain when you go to move it, might not be to smart having your wife drive it first.

D

Deleted member 3748

Has anyone installed the soft top on a
700-4 without the support rods? Just wondering if it would work and/or still look good? It seems that the rods make the top a lot taller than it really needs to be.
I lost the front rod on my P500 soft top and made a new one using a driveway plow stake. Maybe you could make shorter rods. Some members had some other good ideas to make rods in this thread >>> P500 - I need a part for the soft top

Wp 20170526 17 37 17 pro jpg1

P

Phistry815

Oct 25, 2017
East TN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
After losing 1/2 my rods trailering I used my my top with no rods for a week, you can get the top fairly tight without them but watch out for water pooling in or after a heavy rain when you go to move it, might not be to smart having your wife drive it first.

How’d it look without the rods? Do you have any pics of it on like that? Thanks

N

norcal700-4

May 1, 2018
Oroville
Ownership

1. 700-4
I made a set of new rods using tent poles. They are now foldable (have string inside the poles) and can be stored in a small tent pole bag. Way easier to carry around when not using them and less risk of losing them. I did have to clean out the rod holes on the plastic roll bar connectors a slight amount with a drill bit.

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Actually I replaced mine with tent poles from Tent Pole Technologies, they make them up to your
specifications so I could of ordered shorter ones, I never thought of it at the time. I do like the fact that they have the shock cord though them, makes it harder to lose them when trailering.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I made a set of new rods using tent poles. They are now foldable (have string inside the poles) and can be stored in a small tent pole bag. Way easier to carry around when not using them and less risk of losing them. I did have to clean out the rod holes on the plastic roll bar connectors a slight amount with a drill bit.
I like what your saying. What did you do to make them.did you get them over sized and cut elastic string take out. then cut rods to lengths then put string back in. I have been thinking about doing this.Mine is too high and just want it flatter. Or is there somewhere you bought poles?

Reactions: Rick49274
Budman

Budman

Feb 12, 2018
Maple Ridge
Ownership

1. 700-4
20180731 210640
my poles have been out for a while now, works fine, looks decent, would definatly put them back when it starts getting wet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!