P500 I need a part for the soft top

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

When you install the Honda soft top with a full windshield you only use 2 of the 3 soft top support rods. Now I'm switching to a half windshield and guess what? That's right, I can't find that third support rod. I found the two brackets, but the rod is gone until I buy a new one and it re-appears. Does anyone know if that rod has a part # or does anyone have that support rod laying around and want to get rid of it for a rock bottom price? :D It may end up being a dowel rod...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
When you install the Honda soft top with a full windshield you only use 2 of the 3 soft top support rods. Now I'm switching to a half windshield and guess what? That's right, I can't find that third support rod. I found the two brackets, but the rod is gone until I buy a new one and it re-appears. Does anyone know if that rod has a part # or does anyone have that support rod laying around and want to get rid of it for a rock bottom price? :D It may end up being a dowel rod...

That was going to be my suggestion. Dowel, tent pole, I'm sure Honda OEM will be expensive. Better idea...clean that garage! :D

D

Deleted member 3748

Tent pole! Genius... thanks! and believe it or not, that's after I cleaned it for a few hours.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You can also get those fiberglass rods for chimney brushes. Depending on the length you need I have some of those. Instead of the little pin like a tent pole they have threaded ends, one male one female.

D

Deleted member 3748

You can also get those fiberglass rods for chimney brushes. Depending on the length you need I have some of those. Instead of the little pin like a tent pole they have threaded ends, one male one female.
I think I'm going to use one of the driveway snow stakes I use for snow plowing. Thanks for the ideas!

Reactions: rocmar and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I think I'm going to use one of the driveway snow stakes I use for snow plowing. Thanks for the ideas!

What comes around goes around brother!
Wolf Snouts

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
dallas251

dallas251

Mar 21, 2017
Dallas,TX
Ownership

1. 500

@PistonHonda I think I actually have 2 that came with my p500 when I bought it used (even though it didn't have the roof anymore). I'll check it out and let you know. If I'm correct they're yours for the cost of shipping.

D

Deleted member 3748

@PistonHonda I think I actually have 2 that came with my p500 when I bought it used (even though it didn't have the roof anymore). I'll check it out and let you know. If I'm correct they're yours for the cost of shipping.
@dallas251 The rod I need is the longer one that goes from side to side where the top of the windshield would normally be. If that's the one you have I'll gladly take it off your hands for the cost of shipping. I may ship a few hondasxs.com stickers back to you!

Reactions: rocmar
D

Deleted member 3748

I just measured it... it should be 42-46" or so... I can't believe I lost it.

H

highpocks

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2016
prescott mi
Ownership

1. 500
try a flag pole for a bicycle. the flag pole rod is about a1/4 in thick

dallas251

dallas251

Mar 21, 2017
Dallas,TX
Ownership

1. 500
@dallas251 The rod I need is the longer one that goes from side to side where the top of the windshield would normally be. If that's the one you have I'll gladly take it off your hands for the cost of shipping. I may ship a few hondasxs.com stickers back to you!

@PistonHonda it looks like I just have the two smaller ones. Sorry for the false alarm.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!