Solid windshield tip out?

meboston96

meboston96

Feb 7, 2022
Southern Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Hi all,
We were out a couple weeks ago with temps in the 90s. Our machine is equipped with both front and rear windshield so, as many of you will guess it was next to uncomfortable. My question is, has anyone tried to tip the bottom of the OEM windshield out a few inches? I have ordered a split windshield but, from the comments on many places I am not sure I will be happy with it. Let me know if any of you have tried and if so, how far were you able to tip it.
Thanks

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure about the solid. But you can get after market brackets for the split that will allow it to open more for a much better airflow. I’m running a set of PBR brackets that add about 5” to the split.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
meboston96

meboston96

Feb 7, 2022
Southern Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
After taking some things apart I decided it looks like a bad idea to try. To get much of an opening I was going to need to have everything pretty loose and I don't want to listen to rattles either.
I had bought the SuperATV split windshield a few weeks ago so, I decided to install it. Already not a huge fan because it negated my wiper but, I will live with it for the summer and put the fixed one back in this fall.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
had bought the SuperATV split windshield a few weeks ago so, I decided to install it. Already not a huge fan because it negated my wiper but, I will live with it for the summer and put the fixed one back in this fall.
You can put a manual wiper on that Super ATV windshield. I did it to the one on my pioneer. It worked fine. I like my super ATV windshield on my talon best of both worlds

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went from a Honda factory split windshield to the @SuperATV full glass with vents and the Honda fabric mid panel, I have not had it out in hot weather yet but it will get tested at the upcoming Take Over,

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Or if your handy with a welder you can take the glass [only] out of the factory windshield and make a frame that the glass fits back into thats a couple inches bigger then the oems glass opening and make a tip out windshield complete with the wiper and weather stripping.

IMG 3463 IMG 3466 IMG 3473

B

BrianM

Aug 14, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Ownership

1. Talon X4
You can put a manual wiper on that Super ATV windshield. I did it to the one on my pioneer. It worked fine. I like my super ATV windshield on my talon best of both worlds
I thought about it but I need a wiper for dust more than rain and the plastic scratches. Wish I could get a superatv type windshield in glass

M

Mark_R

Mar 4, 2021
North Central Nowhere Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep....My 2019 P1K came with the stock Honda fixed glass windshield with the Honda windshield wiper motorized accessory. No air flow in the cab and way too hot and dusty in the summer. I liked the Honda wiper and it was part of the Honda accessory option already wired in. I did a bit of research and because of the road use I wanted a glass windshield with a motorized wiper that tipped out and let some air in, I wound up going with the Alumilite Armor glass top hinged windshield assembly. I reused the Honda wiper motor assembly because it was already there and it had a wider angle of sweep compared to some of the other aftermarket wiper assemblies that were available I put a longer wiper arm and blade on for more coverage. I really like the 3 open positions of the Alumilite windshield, 1.5" open, 3 inch open and unlatched full open gas strut supported. I had to swap out the stock gas struts with slightly shorter ones to keep the windshield down a little at full open so as not bind the wiper arm /blade against the roof/canopy when the windshield is full open. Not the most frugal path, but it does work good.

Latch Open 2nd position P1K Alumilite Windshield Wiper EXT Full Open

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I thought about it but I need a wiper for dust more than rain and the plastic scratches. Wish I could get a superatv type windshield in glass
Just keep a micro fiber cloth n your clove box to wipe off dust. Works better than a wiper. Thats what i do. I thought u needed the wiper for rain

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yep....My 2019 P1K came with the stock Honda fixed glass windshield with the Honda windshield wiper motorized accessory. No air flow in the cab and way too hot and dusty in the summer. I liked the Honda wiper and it was part of the Honda accessory option already wired in. I did a bit of research and because of the road use I wanted a glass windshield with a motorized wiper that tipped out and let some air in, I wound up going with the Alumilite Armor glass top hinged windshield assembly. I reused the Honda wiper motor assembly because it was already there and it had a wider angle of sweep compared to some of the other aftermarket wiper assemblies that were available I put a longer wiper arm and blade on for more coverage. I really like the 3 open positions of the Alumilite windshield, 1.5" open, 3 inch open and unlatched full open gas strut supported. I had to swap out the stock gas struts with slightly shorter ones to keep the windshield down a little at full open so as not bind the wiper arm /blade against the roof/canopy when the windshield is full open. Not the most frugal path, but it does work good.

View attachment 335776 View attachment 335777 View attachment 335778 View attachment 335779
What did that windshield set you back?

Reactions: Backwoods
M

Mark_R

Mar 4, 2021
North Central Nowhere Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What did that windshield set you back?
The windshield, tip out option gas struts, and upper seal and shipping was around $1400. That was over a year ago.

Here is a link to his website and current pricing:

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went from a Honda factory split windshield to the @SuperATV full glass with vents and the Honda fabric mid panel, I have not had it out in hot weather yet but it will get tested at the upcoming Take Over,
Well what’s the verdict?

Reactions: bumperm

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!