P500 Some opinions needed

C

Chadmwallis

Apr 15, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
Have had my p5 since May of 2017 and have about 200 miles on it. One of my best investments. Use it mainly for hunting. Lately I've noticed a kind of burning smell after driving awhile. With that being said I haul a lot of dead hogs on it and maybe blood has made it way onto the engine but the smell persists after I would think it should have burned off. On another note my rear brake has squeaked since new and maybe getting hot now? Anything else someone could suggest looking at or some insight?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have had my p5 since May of 2017 and have about 200 miles on it. One of my best investments. Use it mainly for hunting. Lately I've noticed a kind of burning smell after driving awhile. With that being said I haul a lot of dead hogs on it and maybe blood has made it way onto the engine but the smell persists after I would think it should have burned off. On another note my rear brake has squeaked since new and maybe getting hot now? Anything else someone could suggest looking at or some insight?
I’ve had mine since November and I do notice a hot smell here and there, but not really a burning smell. Put your tranny in neutral with the parking brake off and see if you can move the machine. The parking brake is connected to the rear brake. Good luck.

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Check fluids etc.if normal I wouldn't worry to much.i get wiffs of something burning sometimes.weeds,dirt,beverages,pig blood,could be anything but a belt burning

C

Chadmwallis

Apr 15, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
Haha. Yeah it's a weird hot , burning smell. Fluids good. Maybe just paranoid.

Reactions: Rustell
R

Rustell

Make sure you don't have any accumulated debris like dried grass up under the skid plate . That could burn.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
We have a 700-4 nearing first service and it has put off an odd burning smell as well at times that I assumed was just a burning the new off smell lol almost a mix of burning paper trash and matches

C

Chadmwallis

Apr 15, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
I do watch for debris to keep from a fire. I have a dog box on the back now. Can't see the top of motor to see if anything dripped on it or not. Probably all normal was just seeing if anyone has experienced the same or something to dig into further.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!