Something weird happened with transmission today

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went on a 40 mile ride today (took about 5 hours) over what is supposed to be the hardest trail in the Oracle, Arizona Area. 30 miles (or so) into the ride I was going down a long steep hill in low range auto when it seemed the transmission was going into neutral and then back into gear frequently. I stopped on a somewhat flat spot and checked for leaks. No leaks were found and the engine oil level was fine. After about 5 minutes, I continued down the hill and everything was fine. It never acted up again. A

3A87C19F C094 4524 9072 7403C7B1A08E
Anyone have any ideas? I went on a 40 mile (5 hrs.) ride today on what is supposed to be one of the toughest Thais in the Oracle, Arizona area and while descending a really steep long hill noticed that the transmission kept dropping out of gear. I was in low range auto at the time and doing less that 5 mph. After finding an almost level spot, I stopped to check for leaks and found none. Checked oil levels and everything waited about 5 minutes and continued on. No more problems.
3A87C19F C094 4524 9072 7403C7B1A08E

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went on a 40 mile ride today (took about 5 hours) over what is supposed to be the hardest trail in the Oracle, Arizona Area. 30 miles (or so) into the ride I was going down a long steep hill in low range auto when it seemed the transmission was going into neutral and then back into gear frequently. I stopped on a somewhat flat spot and checked for leaks. No leaks were found and the engine oil level was fine. After about 5 minutes, I continued down the hill and everything was fine. It never acted up again. A

View attachment 254279Anyone have any ideas? I went on a 40 mile (5 hrs.) ride today on what is supposed to be one of the toughest Thais in the Oracle, Arizona area and while descending a really steep long hill noticed that the transmission kept dropping out of gear. I was in low range auto at the time and doing less that 5 mph. After finding an almost level spot, I stopped to check for leaks and found none. Checked oil levels and everything waited about 5 minutes and continued on. No more problems.View attachment 254279
I would start with replacing your battery. Mine would do that especially if I used a winch or anything electric. Or definitely check your battery connection could be loose.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Give us a report when you get a chance.
It was a great ride. We went west to east this time and it was a little more challenging this time. More time on three wheels with one of the front tires up in the air 4 ft. or more. Finally got to check out dust levels with new windshield (801 UTV) and mid screen (MotoRoof rear screen install in mid position). Never had to clean windshield and very minimal dust accumulation on instrument panel. The only disappointing part of the ride was the poor condition of the Cañada del Oro stream crossings. It’s still running black from the fires last summer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!