Something wierd happened on shifting

C

Crookedcreek

Aug 25, 2014
I was driving around the yard just getting a little time on each of the gears and 4wd. I was in low, 2wd, and went to upshift to 2nd. It would not shift out of low. After several tries, starting and stopping, I tried downshifting to neutral and it worked. It would not go back into low. Tried 4wd, nothing. I shifted into reverse and it worked. Now, it wouldn't upshift out of reverse. Tried 4wd, nothing. Not wanting to leave it outside, I made a circle in reverse and backed it into the garage. Tried it again and it still would not upshift out of reverse into neutral. As I was sitting there, planning my call to the dealer, I shut it off. After about a minute, I decided to start it, and try one more time. Since it was turned off in gear, I had to put my foot on the brake to start it. Once started (it was still in reverse), one pull on the right paddle and "bingo" it shifts to neutral. I sat there, in the garage, and shifted through all five gears, up and down and into reverse. I tentatively pulled back out of the garage and drove around a bit in all gears, up and down, reverse and 4wd. The situation did not repeat itself and I've driven it several times since without a reoccurrence.
I saw somewhere, where someone disconnected the battery for as period of time due to some shifting issue, but I don't think it was the same thing.
Has anyone had this happen or can venture a guess?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Had it happen on my buddies rancher. Only happened once as far as I know. Key off and back on cleared the problem.

D

Dyrty

Sep 23, 2014
Yup same thing happen to my P500 last week loading on the trailer. Key off and on and it started working again. Weird.

B

Bcrawford0079

Oct 13, 2014
I just bought one this week and it did the same but I hit the upshift lever a few times and it shifted!