Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have been in a few tight spots where through was not an option! I sat for a while contemplating on what I should do and before I could decide the Beast decided to go over the obstacle! :eek:

I’m not doubting the P5 because I want one bad built to your specs! But the way The Beast is set up I would accept your challenge;) might not be able to get there as quick but that trail will never forget I was there:cool:

Keep in mind that I've crossed four long wooden bridges on this trail system that carry you over deep swamp areas. All built the same and very narrow, like walking a tightrope, even for the P5. Once you got over the gate in the OP and caught up to me, you'd reach one of these and it would be game over. I hate the fact that I can't go where others can but have learned to accept it with the little 500. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow but something you big P1 boys will have to come to terms with...Sorry You Couldn't Make It! :(

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Keep in mind that I've crossed four long wooden bridges on this trail system that carry you over deep swamp areas. All built the same and very narrow, like walking a tightrope, even for the P5. Once you got over the gate in the OP and caught up to me, you'd reach one of these and it would be game over. I hate the fact that I can't go where others can but have learned to accept it with the little 500. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow but something you big P1 boys will have to come to terms with...Sorry You Couldn't Make It! :(

Do you have any pics or video of areas like the bridges which would cause the P1K to turn aroundo_O I’m looking at this more like a challenge;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Do you have any pics or video of areas like the bridges which would cause the P1K to turn aroundo_O I’m looking at this more like a challenge;)

This is the only pic I ever took of any of them. This one was out and I never even crossed it but rode three other ones like it. One lead me into sh** so tight I turned around. Rode over another one at speed, never knew it was coming, the side rails were gone on that one and it seemed even narrower. Pretty sure they were all built about the same time and I was concerned with it holding the weight.
Bridge

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
This is the only pic I ever took of any of them. This one was out and I never even crossed it but rode three other ones like it. One lead me into sh** so tight I turned around. Rode over another one at speed, never knew it was coming, the side rails were gone on that one and it seemed even narrower. Pretty sure they were all built about the same time and I was concerned with it holding the weight.
View attachment 59201
Wow! That does look narrow! Looks like a great scenic ride!:) Next time you ride there make sure and get some video it would be really cool to watch you traverse those obstacles!;) For now I’m still thinking I would enjoy the challenge! :cool:

Reactions: trigger
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wow! That does look narrow! Looks like a great scenic ride!:) Next time you ride there make sure and get some video it would be really cool to watch you traverse those obstacles!;) For now I’m still thinking I would enjoy the challenge! :cool:
Looks like hi way to me!

Reactions: Eltobgi
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
View attachment 59201
This looks cool !

H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
For strictly hunting purposes, the 50 inches was great... for riding in hills, I couldn’t go without my 1.5” spacers... even deeper ruts in mud I used to almost flip over. Not anymore... no worries now... but I did get the extra coverage fender flares. I wouldn’t have spacers without those. It was miserable from all the mud throwing!
Where do you get he extra coverage fender flares?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Looking at that pic it looks like you could drive around it, probably could with a P1. This was also taken in the dry season and there is a reason they built these, real sh** holes in the wet months. Like I said, I was worried about the weight, they were built for atv's not sxs's.
If you ever decide to make the trek I'm sure we'd have a blast riding any trails.

P.S. Between your stereo system and mine, it would definitely be a loud ride! :D

Last edited:
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I have 1" spacers all around and I can just barely fit through our 50" gates .

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I'm looking forward to taking my P5 out on the trails and shooting through the tight gates and leaving the big fat machines sitting there wondering "what's down that trail".
psst, pssstt, hey you, yeah you...the one in the big fat SxS there's a lot of fun to be had down that tight twisty roller coaster trail.

Ragincajun92

Ragincajun92

Mar 19, 2018
Kingsland, Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
I couldn't agree more. The more i ride the p500 the more i'm impressed by it even in stock form. I am having my tires and rims mounted as we speak. Hopefully with the +10mm rims i went with will be the same as running spacers in the feel department. I have been on the fence about the swaybar but i really think i am going to take it off if it makes it better. You have a very nice ride sir. I can't wait to get mine at that level

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hey ! Got my p5 up to 44mph with 2 ppl on board !
This makes me feel good to read this. Ive told people that my rev limiter kicked in at 44mph back when it was stock and some people questioned it, which made me second guess myself and made me think i might be losing my marbles. I feel better now. Thank you. Lol

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This makes me feel good to read this. Ive told people that my rev limiter kicked in at 44mph back when it was stock and some people questioned it, which made me second guess myself and made me think i might be losing my marbles. I feel better now. Thank you. Lol
Don’t feel bad about loosing your marbles. @trigger lost his some time ago! He dosnt have all his paddles in the water! But he’ll be your huckleberry.. Lmao
Ps- we’re good friends BTW. ;) We cut each other up all the time.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Always reading negativity about the 500, lack of power and suspension travel blah blah blah...some P5 owners considering bigger Pioneers and even other brands. Once again this machine is rock solid and shines for its purpose.
Took her out this morning to a large scramble area of wet sand and put the machine into every bad scenario I could. Steep banked turns, off camber climbs and descents, super steep climbs and descents, several times the wife asked 'you're not really going to try that are you'? It was like trying to fail but it was slow and controlled and the way this machine is set up it's an absolute goat! Surprised me again.
There's only a couple of mods or add on's that I haven't done or tried on this machine and have ran different configurations, a few things that are a must in regards to mechanical capability IMO...
Disconnect the sway bar already, everyone knows it and no one ever goes back.
Go with aftermarket wheels or give it some stance with spacers. This machine handles and performs much better with some added stability. You'll still get in the back of the truck and fit through the posts on most restricted trails. I'm at 55".
Power steering is a must if you can afford it, makes this machine much easier to maneuver which adds to its capability. Worked it hard today and it performed flawlessly.
Bigger better tires. I'm running 26's but wouldn't hesitate on 27's. Added ground clearance and more aggressive tread pattern make it far more capable and going with radials gives a better ride.
If you have the time and can afford to do these few things to your P5, you'll transform this machine into a little beast that in certain riding conditions can't be touched by anything else out there.
So the offer is, bring your 700 or 1000 and let me pick the trail, chances are it won't get through the gate and if it does it'll get a thorough ass whippin'. P5 owns this niche.
View attachment 57567 View attachment 57568 View attachment 57569
Btw, saw a brand new silver 700-4 with a soft top at the trail head, upper cage was beat to sh** already trying to ride this trail system...and those were the ones he could fit on.
Wish I could afford BOTH, and I would surely have a P5!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!