Sound bar discussion

Smidgy

Smidgy

May 10, 2017
New Brunswick
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish we had a simple system that everyone liked for these systems, but I have yet to see it. I had an SSV system in my maverick and it was ok, hard to hear over the engine while driving. The pioneer is a lot quieter so I suppose it may work better...

Until a different stereo impresses me, I just bought a Aukey Soundtank on Amazon(cheap Bluetooth speaker that is ridiculously loud for what it is), along with a gopro rollbar mount and a 1/4x20 camera mount for between the gopro rollbar mount and the speaker. I plan to hook it ot the cage and rock out, thing gets 30 hours of runtime and was cheap for now. Couldn't go without some tunes any longer.

Reactions: BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i just installed a Wet Sound Stealth 10 in mine tonight. Do all pics have to be hosted elsewhere?
No you can up load them here by using upload a file just below

djracer

djracer

Jun 2, 2017
Wetumpka, Al.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i must be retarded. it does not seem to do anything put turn red when I hit upload a file? I am doing this on my phone is that the problem?

Reactions: JTW
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Might find some better instructions here
How to Post Pictures

When I post on an IPad when I click Upload a file a box pops up allowing me to select photo album

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i must be retarded. it does not seem to do anything put turn red when I hit upload a file? I am doing this on my phone is that the problem?
Put tapatalk app on phone super easy 59f7e283d760c6ec3e78a3a9041eebd5

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

djracer

djracer

Jun 2, 2017
Wetumpka, Al.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i dont like the way tapatalk does when I hit reply. I dont like junking up the forum. I may have to host my pics in photobucket and post links.

djracer

djracer

Jun 2, 2017
Wetumpka, Al.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i may build a box and add a single 10 under the drivers seat. Jl has bumped their heads on what they get for a stealth box.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i dont like the way tapatalk does when I hit reply. I dont like junking up the forum. I may have to host my pics in photobucket and post links.

Please do not use photophuckit load them to forum or via tapatalk.

F

FranklinHonda

Dec 29, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run a Powerbass xl800 in my 1000-5 with the Powerbass brackets.

Hey JCON157, You may be the one that could answer my question here. I have been looking at buying a Powerbass XL-1250 that has a peak power rating at 1000 watts. I have been searching through these threads, but can't seem to find the answer. How do you safely wire this sound bar to the electrical system? I am brand new to the forum and have been taking on this project myself - just learning as I go. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!!

Last edited:
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey JCON157, You may be the one that could answer my question here. I have been looking at buying a Powerbass XL-1250 that has a peak power rating at 1000 watts. I have been searching through these threads, but can't seem to find the answer. How do you safely wire this sound bar to the electrical system? I am brand new to the forum and have been taking on this project myself - just learning as I go. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!!
Jcon157 hasn't been seen since May 2018.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Thank you in advance!!!

Don't know much about this specific sound bar but the cheap ones are usually over rated as far as output. I've seen amps rated at 1000 watts that had one 10 amp fuse in them, that tells you it's not.

F

FranklinHonda

Dec 29, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't know much about this specific sound bar but the cheap ones are usually over rated as far as output. I've seen amps rated at 1000 watts that had one 10 amp fuse in them, that tells you it's not.
Gotcha. That makes me feel better. In regards to the bar there are some videos out there that show its sound, but someone I knew had one and it was really good for the money when riding with him from what I can remember. That was the PowerBass XL- 800 version. I read through the manual and diagrams and they want you to wire directly to the battery, the positive having an inline fuse within 18'' of the terminal. I have my winch running to the accessory battery as well. Is it a safe bet to run both the winch and sound bar at the accessory battery? Thank you for the help.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!