P1000 Spare tire and fuel

J

JTW

I looked at this also but am afraid of the vibration with only one bar tube will crack. Love the one Brick City makes but many more dollars.
How long have you had it?
Why do you think k it will crack? Why do you think BCF is too much?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I looked at this also but am afraid of the vibration with only one bar tube will crack. Love the one Brick City makes but many more dollars.
How long have you had it?
Just got it quite frankly. It looks strong and they quarantine it. I liked the Brick city fab one as well, but cost was a factor, about 400$ more. I was willing to take the chance with these guys. They ride as well and have tested them and with the guarantee, it must be decent in order to do that. I also couldn’t find anyone saying anything bad but speculation before owning one. Time will tell. There customer service so far had ben good as well.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got it quite frankly. It looks strong and they quarantine it. I liked the Brick city fab one as well, but cost was a factor, about 400$ more. I was willing to take the chance with these guys. They ride as well and have tested them and with the guarantee, it must be decent in order to do that. I also couldn’t find anyone saying anything bad but speculation before owning one. Time will tell. There customer service so far had ben good as well.

I talked to them on the phone and was told no guarantee but would stand behind and defects.

Reactions: Remington
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why do you think k it will crack? Why do you think BCF is too much?
Experience with weight, tubing and vibration. You need to read better I didn't say to much.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why do you say I need to read better?
Because I didn't say as you posted "Why do you think it is too much" I said it is many more dollars.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok if I may reply to your disposition attacking dyslexic writing -don’t get your parties in a wad brother! “I Myself said it was “more” agreeing with you! I didn’t quote you as to saying it was “too much!” Frankly I don’t really care what you thought about it, I took it in consideration tho, I was just answering your questions on it in a friendly way. Yes I should have said against defects, but that’s what there web site is for, as you said “you need to read better” or the phone like you did, bravo to you ! As to why I didn’t buy the other one? Well..Money is a bit tight right now in my line of work and sometimes you have to eat at subway instead of Knight’s steakhouse every once in a while. Absolutely nothing wrong with the other product! If I didn’t have any other priorities and having to watch funds I might have bought the other one. But sometimes you have to improvise & adapt or your ass will be overrun. So if this breaks? I’ll make sure your the first to know;)

My comment was to JTW, he was asking me questions and I answered

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My comment was to JTW, he was asking me questions and I answered
10-4. I appolgize for being to trigger happy to respond and misunderstanding to whom that was directed to! no harm done!

Last edited:
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll throw my 2 cents in... I'm not interested in either rear bed extender as I already wish there was more front axle weight on this machine and adding more weight behind the seats won't help handling or stability. That being said, I'd take the BCF bed extender for 2x the price as I'd trust a tube clamp on the steel roll bar any day of the week as opposed to the plastic bed on the Pioneer and the support of the tailgate and cables. I look at the BCF mount as a permanent heavy duty-ride hard kind of solution to a problem I don't have and the other bed extenders are just neat toys in comparison.

Last edited:
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll throw my 2 cents in... I'm not interested in either rear bed extender as I already wish there was more front axle weight on this machine and adding more weight behind the seats won't help handling or stability. That being said, I'd take the BCF bed extender for 2x the price as I'd trust a tube clamp on the steel roll bar any day of the week as opposed to the plastic bed on the Pioneer and the support of the tailgate and cables. I look at the BCF mount as a permanent heavy duty-ride hard kind of solution to a problem I don't have and the other bed extenders are just neat toys in comparison.

I agree the BCF very well built and nice.

H

Hucker

Jul 30, 2016
SE AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kinda what I had in mind, EXCEPT, make it about 6-12" deeper from the tailgate AND make it detachable.
I did make it removable. I also cut a sheet of aluminum diamond plate to span between the back cargo area and the tailgate when I ride with gear. I actually find myself putting the spare tire there, instead of on the rack. On the rack, it adds quite a bit of lift on the front end. I only have a pic of the detach mechanism...no diamond plate right now...
20171001 121859

If you build it back any further, the lever action of the weight on the rack will really start to push down.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did make it removable. I also cut a sheet of aluminum diamond plate to span between the back cargo area and the tailgate when I ride with gear. I actually find myself putting the spare tire there, instead of on the rack. On the rack, it adds quite a bit of lift on the front end. I only have a pic of the detach mechanism...no diamond plate right now...
View attachment 71118

If you build it back any further, the lever action of the weight on the rack will really start to push down.
Agh ...... much better pic. On the other I was not able to tell it was removable. I like that. Great job. Did you make those long removable pins?

Reactions: Hucker
H

Hucker

Jul 30, 2016
SE AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup. Stainless steel rod. A little grinder, and a quick weld. Easy stuff to work with.

Reactions: JTW and BigOL3
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How about a pic from the rear, to see the extension and the bumper.
I'll see if I can dig up some pics in morning. Extender bolts up to square tubing latch for tailgate is on. Welded flat bar to tubing then bolted flat to square tube. Also is bolted to bottom using factory D-rings holes. Can even use the D-rings lol

Reactions: BigOL3
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@ofrcboy, just FYI, I removed my post from earlier. Again, sorry for the confusion.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Didn't want extra length or height, so I mounted spare on left side inside bed. Metal costs $35 with no welding required. Then mounted Polaris tote mounts for water and gas on right side inside bed. Had to shorten them by 2 inches. Used flange nuts that come with front door canvas add on.Ordered at dealer. Didn't really lose much space in bed and kept center of gravity low so I don't roll her on her side. Put gas in right rear as far away from exhaust as possible. If interested I can send photos.Gas and water cans are the kind that have hole in center for spin/lock.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!