P1000 Spare Tire Thoughts?

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are the pros and cons of having the same tire all around. My P1K-5 Deluxe came with narrower tires on the front. What about using the wide rear tires all the way around? If you are sticking with narrow on front and wide on rear, which size do you pick for your spare?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
What are the pros and cons of having the same tire all around. My P1K-5 Deluxe came with narrower tires on the front. What about using the wide rear tires all the way around? If you are sticking with narrow on front and wide on rear, which size do you pick for your spare?

After you get into the 30+ size range you don't have many options.

Pro: rotation.
Pro: easy spare choice.

Con: wider front = less controle when turning.
Con: wider front = possibility of clearance issues.

I'm still in decision my self as a set of wheels/tires are in my future.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I'm pretty happy with the stock Bighorn 2.0's that came on this thing so will probably stick with that. I would assume if I put the rear ones on the front that they would not rub. Maybe someone has tried this.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Any reasoning against going with the narrower front all the way around?

A

arizonasteeler

Mar 23, 2016
mesa arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i just purchased a new itp steel rim 12 inch by 7, 136 4+3 off set and a used tire for about a hundred bucks. just for precaution for an elk hunt i have coming up.pretty cheap alternative until i put new 14 inch rims and tires next year. rim itself was under 60 at a local shop i know offset not great but it will get me through the day if needed.

J

JTW

i just purchased a new itp steel rim 12 inch by 7, 136 4+3 off set and a used tire for about a hundred bucks. just for precaution for an elk hunt i have coming up.pretty cheap alternative until i put new 14 inch rims and tires next year. rim itself was under 60 at a local shop i know offset not great but it will get me through the day if needed.
Check Amazon..

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My new daughter knocked one of my Evos off the rim Tuesday. It was the driver side rear. I use one of the front stock wheels as a spare. It worked just fine getting us back to the trailer. If you do the same, be sure and run it in turf mode so you have an open differential. Otherwise youll have wear and tear on your pinion trying to run 2 different size wheels on same axle.

advertisement
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good info guys, these have been my concerns.

@JACKAL will you post your thoughts about your 6+1 offset wheels and same size tires all around?

Reactions: Bubbadoyle
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good info guys, these have been my concerns.

@JACKAL will you post your thoughts about your 6+1 offset wheels and same size tires all around?

I hope @JACKAL doesn't mind me stepping here. I would think about the narrow track width. Jackal had to do it so it fits in the toy hauler. If that's not your reason, you may want to consider 5-2 or 4-3. It will sling more mud but there are options for fender flares.

Sorry I forgot, did you lift your vehicle? Jackal has his lifted and more narrow and it can be more tipsy when loaded heavy.

61129ebeeb1ad151f35c0ab6fd122716

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My new daughter knocked one of my Evos off the rim Tuesday. It was the driver side rear. I use one of the front stock wheels as a spare. It worked just fine getting us back to the trailer. If you do the same, be sure and run it in turf mode so you have an open differential. Otherwise youll have wear and tear on your pinion trying to run 2 different size wheels on same axle.
I still say it was your fault. You were sitting on that side.;)

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33
C

chillout

Nov 26, 2016
Tx
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Where did you get the "new daughter''? One of mine is a pain, and did you get any trade in?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where did you get the "new daughter''? One of mine is a pain, and did you get any trade in?
Got her from Children's Services. We have 3 siblings along with her still lol. It's a challenge sometimes but very rewarding. We like to think we're making at least a little positive effect on a sad situation.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I hope @JACKAL doesn't mind me stepping here. I would think about the narrow track width. Jackal had to do it so it fits in the toy hauler. If that's not your reason, you may want to consider 5-2 or 4-3. It will sling more mud but there are options for fender flares.

Sorry I forgot, did you lift your vehicle? Jackal has his lifted and more narrow and it can be more tipsy when loaded heavy.

View attachment 23584

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!
Don't need to go through all that stuff, just get training wheels! HA!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 23584

Signature:

Is that a 500? Don't think so, was there alcohol involved?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There was no alcohol involved. But don't worry, we were only going to hit the easy trails!

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!