P1000 Sporting Clays anyone???

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I goggled for about an hour trying to find a nice setup to carry 4 shotguns during a sporting clays outing. I would prefer a rear hitch mount that holds them vertically.

Like this one but in the back. I emailed the owner of this photo a week ago asking about it and never got a reply. I could modify this rack to fit a rear hitch as a buddy of mine owns a metal fab shop.

Front shotgun rack

Reactions: TxDoc
R

rickoshea

just a thought,but maybe a simple mod to a hitch mounted cargo carrier? some mounts could easily be bolted to one.

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just a thought,but maybe a simple mod to a hitch mounted cargo carrier? some mounts could easily be bolted to one.

Yes for sure. I was hoping for something a bit "cooler" than just tossing my guns into a tote. Also it's best to store them vertically because sporting clay guns tend to be on the fancy side and you don't wanna just lay them in on a towel inside a tote. Plus they can be very long in length. Barrels touching and scraping each other would not be good.

Reactions: Smitty335
mj1angier

mj1angier

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2020
NC
How about this:

Or this:

and this:

Reactions: Smitty335
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I goggled for about an hour trying to find a nice setup to carry 4 shotguns during a sporting clays outing. I would prefer a rear hitch mount that holds them vertically.

Like this one but in the back. I emailed the owner of this photo a week ago asking about it and never got a reply. I could modify this rack to fit a rear hitch as a buddy of mine owns a metal fab shop.

View attachment 235592

Looks to me like that goes into a regular hitch. Why wouldn't it work on the rear? Maybe needs a longer hitch?

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How about this:

Or this:

and this:

The second one looks promising. I'd have to see exactly what it's made out of to see if I can weld a hitch receiver onto it.

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks to me like that goes into a regular hitch. Why wouldn't it work on the rear? Maybe needs a longer hitch?

Yes you are correct. The problem with the one I have pictured is the company did not answer my emails. I'm going to have to dig around and see if I can find a phone number for them.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes you are correct. The problem with the one I have pictured is the company did not answer my emails. I'm going to have to dig around and see if I can find a phone number for them.
Always a bummer when you want to spend money with someone and they don't get back to you.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!