Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
We cracked our racecar cases in this spot awhile back.
We were told they were revising this area because of this specific issue. This is the resulting revision they alluded to.
On the LV non SE.

Must be a later build date.

Reactions: ChadD and Blownzuki
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Mtex Racing Products came out with a case brace a few weeks ago to stop the case cracking problem. Elliott Cook broke 3 sets of engine cases on his Talon for various reasons and hasn't had a single issue since installing this brace. I ordered one up a few days ago. I'll do a writeup on it once I get the part.

20210823 104030

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mtex Racing Products came out with a case brace a few weeks ago to stop the case cracking problem. Elliott Cook broke 3 sets of engine cases on his Talon for various reasons and hasn't had a single issue since installing this brace. I ordered one up a few days ago. I'll do a writeup on it once I get the part.

View attachment 293143
Does it still let the motor move in the frame mounts?

Reactions: ChadD
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does it still let the motor move in the frame mounts?
Yes, It has nothing to do with the motor mounts. The MTEX brace supports the center of the steel bar that connects the engine to the mounts on the frame keeping the bar fom flexing and breaking the lugs that are cast into the cases off.

This picture shows the result of what happens when that bar flexes. The brace connects directly to the mount bar in between those lugs and will not let the bar flex in that area preventing a costly headache.

Image000000

H

HondaTech

View attachment 293143

Odd, we cracked ours on the opposite side, where they updated the mount i showed. I hadn't seen issues with the drivers side.

The 2020 models added a spacer under thr bolt that mounts the enigne to the metal bar, not sure what the reasoning is. We added these to our car.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Odd, we cracked ours on the opposite side, where they updated the mount i showed. I hadn't seen issues with the drivers side.

The 2020 models added a spacer under thr bolt that mounts the enigne to the metal bar, not sure what the reasoning is. We added these to our car.
Odd, I haven't heard of problems with the one on the other side. Maybe the Talons with the new style engine mounts shown in your picture are the ones breaking the ears off because it's the new weak link?

Got any pictures and/or part numbers for the spacers?

I picked up a set of Delrin bushings to replace the stock rubber ones in the motor mounts. Figured throwing that brace on there while I had it all apart wouldn't hurt any. If I can get the spacers you are talking about in a reasonable time frame I'll install those also.

Reactions: ChadD
H

HondaTech

Odd, I haven't heard of problems with the one on the other side. Maybe the Talons with the new style engine mounts shown in your picture are the ones breaking the ears off because it's the new weak link?

Got any pictures and/or part numbers for the spacers?

I picked up a set of Delrin bushings to replace the stock rubber ones in the motor mounts. Figured throwing that brace on there while I had it all apart wouldn't hurt any. If I can get the spacers you are talking about in a reasonable time frame I'll install those also.

50335-HL7-A20 Spacer (2)
95701-10055-08 Bolt (2) Should be around 23mm longer

After doing some digging, it appears they put this on thr 4 seaters first in 2020, then all models in 2021.

Where'd you find the bushings for the engine mounts?

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!