P1000 Squealing steering

WOT-Outdoors

WOT-Outdoors

Supporting Member
Mar 26, 2019
Rochester NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2018 pioneer 1000 eps. I have had it for a year and it’s still under warranty. The power steering towards the inner tie rod ends is making an awful squealing noise as you turn the steering wheel

my dealership says tie rod ends and wearable parts are not covered under warranty so I’m afraid to bring it in and pay an 80 dollar an hour service rate for something I can do in my garage.

many history out there of power steering units issues other than tie rod ends?

Reactions: Isaiah
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2018 pioneer 1000 eps. I have had it for a year and it’s still under warranty. The power steering towards the inner tie rod ends is making an awful squealing noise as you turn the steering wheel

my dealership says tie rod ends and wearable parts are not covered under warranty so I’m afraid to bring it in and pay an 80 dollar an hour service rate for something I can do in my garage.

many history out there of power steering units issues other than tie rod ends?
$80 per hr you say ...... lol, even down here they are much higher. More like $100+ per hr.

Reactions: Isaiah
H

HondaTech

Check the metal cap with the rubber seal under the steering wheel first. If its dry, throw some grease to it and see if it goes away.

If it still squeals its probably a dry shaft seal on the box itself. Theres no other rubber components touching the steering system that would cause the noise. The tie rod doesnt have a "inner" end really. It's just a threaded joint with a lock washer to keep it from spinning out.

Reactions: Mudwing and BigOL3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!