jguidry

Mar 25, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
2017 pioneer 700-4

engine I’d- VE01E-83U8354

having issues with the starter so I ordered the one it calls for 31200-hn8-003

it looks identical but doesn’t fit in the hole where it goes into the rear crankcase cover on the engine, sent back and ordered another one and same problem so i took the front piece from the old one and installed it on the new one.

it worked for about 10 starts until like usual it was turning over and over and over until it gave up and the magnets shattered and it locked up.

any idea? Obviously there is a starter out there that fits because it had one in it.

Reactions: TripleB
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
2017 pioneer 700-4

engine I’d- VE01E-83U8354

having issues with the starter so I ordered the one it calls for 31200-hn8-003

it looks identical but doesn’t fit in the hole where it goes into the rear crankcase cover on the engine, sent back and ordered another one and same problem so i took the front piece from the old one and installed it on the new one.

it worked for about 10 starts until like usual it was turning over and over and over until it gave up and the magnets shattered and it locked up.

any idea? Obviously there is a starter out there that fits because it had one in it.
i was wondering about this the other day cause it shows 2 different starters. try 31200- HL3-003. hopefully that helps

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TripleB
J

jguidry

Mar 25, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
i have researched every starter made for a honda 700

looks like there are 3, one is for the older models (2009, 2010) and then the newer models take the one you mentioned.

they all have the same size o-ring on the end but i am going to get in touch with honda to see if anyone has one in stock so i can compare.

Reactions: Mudwing
D

DanielGroulx1320

Feb 25, 2023
Caistor centre ontairo
Ownership

1. 700-4

looks like there are 3, one is for the older models (2009, 2010) and then the newer models take the one you mentioned.

they all have the same size o-ring on the end but i am going to get in touch with honda to see if anyone has one in stock so i can compare.
I seen some starters with 12mm and 14 mm hole size

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I seen some starters with 12mm and 14 mm hole size
This post is over 1-1/2 years old the OP’s last post being it! Plus hasnt been on here since that last post. But thanks for the info on starters.

So Welcome from the Putrid Swamp Run Gun Control wielding Michigan!

We have a few rules when u join.
need to Know what rig you have, year, model, milage color and most importantly pics! Thats Rule #4 and there is none from you yet that we see so….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Suggest starting an Intro thread with all this info like all others have. ;)

Reactions: FJC 79 and CID
H

HondaTech

The older HL1 for the Big Red was replaced due to it failing prematurely quite often. They moved to the HN8 starter off the Rincon. ALL Honda oe starters for these engines have the same size nose. Like any starter they can difficult to install, especially with a new o-ring. The 700 series engine isn't the easiest to get to as well especially in the Pioneer and MUV.

Reactions: FJC 79 and CID
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!