P500 Starter

JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I installed a new aftermarket starter today and it works great! Ordered it off Ebay and received it 3 days later. $35 no tax and free shipping. Looks exactly like the OEM. I will let you know if any problem with it comes up.

T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I installed a new aftermarket starter today and it works great! Ordered it off Ebay and received it 3 days later. $35 no tax and free shipping. Looks exactly like the OEM. I will let you know if any problem with it comes up.

I just did mine tonight. Also got mine from eBay, but paid 46 bucks for mine. Just posted in the shop talk thread. Did the epoxy job not work?

Reactions: ehart814
JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I just did mine tonight. Also got mine from eBay, but paid 46 bucks for mine. Just posted in the shop talk thread. Did the epoxy job not work?
The epoxy repair was working fine but don't know how it will handle the -20 this winter when I am out ice fishing. This way I have a spare and was a good way to check out an aftermarket one cheap to see if they will hold up compared to the Honda $200+ one. I can now change a starter in 5 minutes or less.;)

T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
The epoxy repair was working fine but don't know how it will handle the -20 this winter when I am out ice fishing. This way I have a spare and was a good way to check out an aftermarket one cheap to see if they will hold up compared to the Honda $200+ one. I can now change a starter in 5 minutes or less.;)

Took me about 15 minutes, but I did have to walk into the house to grab another beer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!